I havent seen much on this amp at all, and im very interested in it and today i played it so i thought id share my thoughts incase others like me cant seem to find much

I didnt really give it a proper test but i messed around for a while and was very impressed - i have decided to buy one after just one play, which is a first for me!

I dont know specifics but the clean channels sounded great - there was one which was very warm and responsive and i thought the stevie ray preset on another sounded pretty good (i was using a les paul so it wasnt too accurate, but i could imagine that with a strat it would have been really spot on.)

There was a "Layla" preset which i thought sounded fantastic, but i switched it into manual with a touch more gain and had a really sweet lead tone that was just fantastic - that amp model was great too

I mainly went to try out the "UK 25th" model though. Now this i thought was where the amp truly shined. It just had that Marshall roar which i dont think the original ADVT models got too well. The UK25th was kinda like a hot rodded 800. There was plenty of gain on tap and the EQ was responsive too (i found on my old AD50VT that some amp models barely did anything when you altered the EQ!)

The only other thing i have played that modelled the silver jubilee was my toneport gx with the add on pack, and it sounded rubbish. This silver jube model however, had "Slash" written all over it. I set it to the settings i usually use for Slash type stuff and was instantly in Snakepit territory - that sort of "been there lately" Slash rhythm sound. Backing off the gain gave a perfect "aint life grand" tone. I tried the sweet child of mine preset as discretely as i could with fear of being thrown out, and it sounded alright. Nothing to go nuts over, but Slash didnt use a Jube for that track anyway. It definately did give a tone in the rough ballpark of the Illusions and snakepit though. Again it was not "amazing" or anything, but is the best Slash tone ive ever had - you wont find anything like it for £169

I didnt try anything heavier than that, but the guy in the shop tried one of the high gain american amp models and played some very convincing eric johnson. As I say, i wasnt really taking note of specifics, i didnt think about a write up on here until I got back - I was just twiddling knobs and playing, but my overall impression was positive. Im getting one of these, which suprises me as i grew to dislike my ad50vt - they must have changed something!

As for negatives... its hard to find a fault if you take this amp for what it is - a great bedroom practice amp. I did find it to not be very loud - I certainly couldnt gig with it i dont think. Also, many of the amps were too similar for me - just lots of different vox's that sound like vox's - not bad if thats your thing though. Speaker response was great - it was punchy and clear and definately cut through - i found with the ad30vt that if you play it in the shop with other people playing you get lost in the mix, but this little thing punched though.

Great amp. Sorry this isnt very in depth or useful, but its better than nothing. If there is already stuff about this amp that I missed then just delete this
I had the same first impression as you with the amp. And I bought it.

The thing is, after months of using it, I realized it wasn't going to be so useful to me because
I played a more heavier type of music, with lot of distortion on solos, and the distortions the Vox granted me weren't the ones I was expecting.
I was only able to use it well with clean music, or calm distorted type of music.

If you play heavy music, I don't recommend it.
D F O I N N T D
T W H O I R S D
Y O O R U
W S I U L C L K
A M S Y S

Quote by ScreamAim&Fire

Beautiful.
XxLloydxX for president!
Even though I'm english..

Want to hear Super Mario Bros Theme on electric rock guitar? SuperMarioBro
BuyMYMusic
SellMusic
Quote by XxLloydxX

The thing is, after months of using it, I realized it wasn't going to be so useful to me because
I played a more heavier type of music, with lot of distortion on solos, and the distortions the Vox granted me weren't the ones I was expecting.
I was only able to use it well with clean music, or calm distorted type of music.

Really? Because they only started shipping about a month and a half ago, if not later.
Quote by imgooley
Really? Because they only started shipping about a month and a half ago, if not later.

Hmm...I think I may be confusing it with the AD30VT
D F O I N N T D
T W H O I R S D
Y O O R U
W S I U L C L K
A M S Y S

Quote by ScreamAim&Fire

Beautiful.
XxLloydxX for president!
Even though I'm english..

Want to hear Super Mario Bros Theme on electric rock guitar? SuperMarioBro
BuyMYMusic
SellMusic
Quote by XxLloydxX
Hmm...I think I may be confusing it with the AD30VT

probably are.

The new ones have 22 amp models, 12 effects with separate reverb and I think something like 8 programmable channels.

They look badass. I'm planning on getting the head version as soon as they release it.
Quote by XxLloydxX

you must mean the advt series as I had this exact same reaction with the AD50VT but i think this new VT series solves this problem. i dont really play metal, but i love hard rock etc which the advt series didnt do too well for me, but this one i thought sounded great!
Quote by XxLloydxX

Wait, what now? I've been shredding and playing metal on my ad15 for the last half hour :S