What's up,

When did everyone realize that they could actually shred (talking about speed and technique here)? I feel like I can play some fast Gilbert licks but don't consider myself a shredder. What was the moment where you realized you could shred?
It's not something just anyone can do off the bat.

It takes practice, there's hardly a time of 'realisation'.
I can play fast and pretty cleanly (Used to play really sloppily but I worked on my technique), I still don't consider myself a shredder.
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
u become a shredder when u get paid lol
jokes aside i think u become a shredder when u can make a song out of solos and skills and that the song sounds really good
it's about coming up with own ideas, not playing someone's stuff
Eat this, today's music-lovers!
Quote by rabidguitarist
A lot of music isn't really going anywhere. There are tons of fans in here going 'oh my god, <> is evolving so much and <> is so shit lol!' but tons of it is just recycled material and tired ideas.
I cant shred. either can James Hetfield, i play rhythm. Ive never had no interest in shredding. I get more satisfaction in playing power chord machine gun riffs.
When I was improvising really fast and technically in one solo.
I realised I could shred.
The way I see shredding is picking every single note fast. When I ''shred'' I rarely use hammer-ons and pull-offs.

I still can't sweep though.
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
effective use of techniques to reach a nice speed and still be clean.

legato sweeps.

yeah i can do it, do i consider myself a shredder, no
Guitars-LEFTY
Bernie Rico Jr. Custom Jekyll
Schecter ATX
Schecter Tempest Cust.
Ibanez GIO
Amps
Laney VH100R-Sell/Trade?? pm me
Cube 15
Misc.
THD HOT plate Attentuator and other stuff