Which brand of strings do you prefer?

I know we all like different guages, but is there a particular brand that you like over all else? Or any that you really dislike?
Ernie Balls sound the best, IMO.

...(until you break them at the tuner trying to restring your Ibby in time for Christmas for the third bloody time and have to go out into town to get another one AGAIN)

...(fuck off, I haven't restrung my guitar before D: )
Quote by Rock Pig
Ernie Balls sound the best, IMO.

...(until you break them at the tuner trying to restring your Ibby in time for Christmas for the third bloody time and have to go out into town to get another one AGAIN)

...(fuck off, I haven't restrung my guitar before D: )

So who restrings it for you? your mom?
Quote by IPlaySchecter
So who restrings it for you? your mom?

I've not been playing long at all.
My brother restrings his guitar, which I learned on.
The guitar I have now is quite a recent acquisition, hence I haven't needed to change the strings until now.
Because I was playing with a pick attack so heavy it broke the LOW E. Freaking Tortex 2mm.
Quote by Rock Pig
I've not been playing long at all.
My brother restrings his guitar, which I learned on.
The guitar I have now is quite a recent acquisition, hence I haven't needed to change the strings until now.
Because I was playing with a pick attack so heavy it broke the LOW E. Freaking Tortex 2mm.

So in actuality you probally have no idea what strings you prefer.
Quote by IPlaySchecter
So in actuality you probally have no idea what strings you prefer.

By not long at all I meant a year. And for a year or two before that I was a bassist. I know full well what decent tone sounds like and have tried plenty of gear. Most of it I didn't need to try anway, but you know.

So. How about contributing to the topic instead of trying (with utter futility, I might add) to enlarge your E-penis, genius?
Quote by Rock Pig
So. How about contributing to the topic instead of trying (with utter futility, I might add) to enlarge your E-penis, genius?

win

i really havent found a preferred string brand after 2 1/2 years of playing, my jackson eats strings like crazy so any that can last longer than a few weeks on it will win my vote
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Quote by Rock Pig
By not long at all I meant a year. And for a year or two before that I was a bassist. I know full well what decent tone sounds like and have tried plenty of gear. Most of it I didn't need to try anway, but you know.

Im just saying if you have never put new strings on your guitar, how would you know? No need to be hostile little man. You are the one saying "F" this and "F" that, and saying you have never restrung a guitar. So you showed your intelligence.
Last edited by IPlaySchecter at Dec 19, 2008,
i'm now using Ernie Ball regular strings(10-46) and i will buy Elixir they sound the best the most METAL strings.oh and i have now D'addario regular strings but they are not installed on my guitar
I now use Dunlop 10-46 and I love them.

Forza Juve

'e voglia 'e mettere rum, chi nasce strunz' nun po' addiventà babbà
Ive been wanting to try SIT and DR's. I just always buy ghs boomers. They are inexpensive, sound and play good, and i change strings often. The boomers work for me.
daddario light 10's

amazing life and sound, won't ever play anything else again

just got a three pack, should last a good while. I play hard for hours a day, and these strings will live up to anything
I used to like Ernie Ball's, but they rust and break down easily. They sound great for the first little bit, but it doesn't last. I now use Elixir Polyweb 9's on my strats, and I use Elixir Nanoweb Baritones on my Fender Jag Baritone, which I now seldom use.

The most important thing being they are steel, since I am allergic do nickel to a degree. Itchy fingertips are never fun, so I avoid them.
i perfer the knock off brands that i get at local guitar shops.
KLH & KGB
11/28/09