Evenin' people.

I have a question regarding two guitarst that I want.

Now hopefully by August 09 (when my exam results are in) I'll be getting a new guitar.

Now I absolutely love SG's, and was thinking of an SG Standard, but I also LOVE Strat's. And the downside of the SG is it has no tremolo bar, and I don't like Bigsby's at all.

I'm also thinking of a Fender American Deluxe Strat.

Now I play loads of different music,

Blues
Hard Rock
Classic Rock
Power Metal etc.

Now I wan't a guitar that sounds great with lead solos, plays easy, looks nice and sounds nice.

SG or Strat? And if neither, can you recomend me something that'll do please?
(No Jacksons, Ibanez or Dean though)
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
if u dont like bigsbys try to look for an sg with maserto i think there called theres one on the angus young sig. anyway regarding the strat it should fit everyting u want perfectly but maybe not power metal.
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
Quote by IPlaySchecter
In my opinion, no tremolo is a +

Well I already have an Epiphone Les Paul, so I wanted one with a trem.

And that's why I'm unsure about the strat. 'Cause I play quite a lot o' power metal too.
Carmel is hawt
Well, if you get the strat and find the trem is a pain, you can always just block it. I had a mexican strat that i blocked with a few of my nephews lego's. I just think trems are more trouble than they are worth. but i mostly play rhythm.
Quote by IPlaySchecter
Well, if you get the strat and find the trem is a pain, you can always just block it. I had a mexican strat that i blocked with a few of my nephews lego's. I just think trems are more trouble than they are worth. but i mostly play rhythm.

I play everything really so...

I justu wanna know whether I'll be able to play some good ol' metal with a Strat.

Also, which strat would you guys recomend, I'm thinking of a Deluxe...
Carmel is hawt
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
I play everything really so...

I justu wanna know whether I'll be able to play some good ol' metal with a Strat.

Also, which strat would you guys recomend, I'm thinking of a Deluxe...

Iron maiden uses strats. just get one with an h-s-s pickup configuration. Yngwie Malmsteen uses strats as well. You can play metal with a strat. And guess what, the guitar player from SEPULTURA uses a strat. It dont get much more metal than that. Well he used to use one anyway, i dont know about nowdays, but i think he still does.
Quote by IPlaySchecter
Iron maiden uses strats. just get one with an h-s-s pickup configuration. Yngwie Malmsteen uses strats as well. You can play metal with a strat. And guess what, the guitar player from SEPULTURA uses a strat. It dont get much more metal than that. Well he used to use one anyway, i dont know about nowdays, but i think he still does.

Alright. Strat it is then!

Thanks.
Carmel is hawt
just cause people from metal bands play strats dosnt mean they didn't mod theirs. its all gonna come down to your amp actually but u might want to get the hss strat and replace the humbucker.
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube