ok guys, so gear is in my sig. but my friend is trying to sell me his esp ex-50 to me for the lowly sum of only $20 U.S. awesome right? he does say it's missing the tune-o-matic bridge, but it's still got the stopbar tailpiece. so that's like... 20 bucks on ebay right?

and seeing as all the strings are off, and have been off for a while, i'm assuming it needs a setup as well.

so you guys think it's worth the hassle? with a little modification, could this guitar become decent, and if not, is at least worth as a backup guitar?

i'd probably keep this in drop c, and my epi in standard...
Member #14 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Ibanez Exotic Wood Acoustic
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby
yes
flintazra wrote:

I think the next person to shoot up a school should list Jonas brothers and Hannah Montana as his favorite "musicians."
these are pretty good with a setup and pickup change. i say do it.
Quote by dookie_dude_
Then go in a Fall Out Boy mosh pit. There much safer considering there only 13 year old girls in it.
lol ok. good to know.

one thing, he said the color was kind've a green...

but from the pictures i've seen, this comes in black and silver... did they ever do a production run with green?
Member #14 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Ibanez Exotic Wood Acoustic
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby
Quote by bobby_splax
lol ok. good to know.

one thing, he said the color was kind've a green...

but from the pictures i've seen, this comes in black and silver... did they ever do a production run with green?

I dont know, but for $20 you have nothing to lose. just get it.
Next he'll be saying "Oh.. I forgot.. it doesn't have a body or a neck... Just some molded tuners..." But, I'd say he painted it or something... I don't think they came in green.. Unless it's actually black, and he is one of those people that never sees black and goes "THAT'S DARK GREEEN!!!!!"
The silver version of the EX-50 could be mistaken for slightly greenish in certain lighting, I suppose. Never seen a live one, so I wouldn't know, but the picture on ESP's site suggests that this may be the case.

Regardless, it's definitely worth $20. A new bridge, new strings and a setup will still not cost nowhere near as much as a new one would cost.
WHY NOT?!?!??!

Setup - $60 at MOST
Bridge - $20
Guitar - $20

$100 for a pretty cool guitar. Yeah, you win!
Gibson Les Paul Studio(Wine Red)
Squier Vintage Modified Tele(White)
Eastwood Sidejack(Amber)
EHX Little Big Muff Pi
Danelectro: Echo,Tremolo, Octave
Dunlop JH-1B Wah
Epiphone Valve Jr. w/ 1x12 cab
I'd say get it...if you don't like it; set it up at put it on craigslist and make some cash.
^^^ +1

Worse case scenario you make a profit
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab