Hopefully I will be purchasing a new guitar in the next 4-5 months. Currently my budget is $700 but his could go up. I would still classify myself as a beginner and I like to play metal. The wife got me a Schecter Omen 6 a couple of years ago to replace my very old Fender Squire Strat. I really like the Schecter but I also have my eyes on a couple PRS guitars.

I'm leaning towards a Schecter as I like the string-through body. That and I don't really feel comfortable with tremolos as I don't know how to maintain them should something go wrong. Anyway, I'm trying to decide between these 4 and would like some advice. Thanks

1. Schecter C1+
2. Schecter C1 Hellraiser
3. PRS SE Custom 24
4. PRS Paul Allender
C1+ +1
My Gear:

+ Ibanez Prestige S2170-FW
+ Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
+ 1976 Guild S300-D
+ Peavey Roadking 212
+ Dimebag DB01 Crybaby From Hell
+ Boss HM-2 & DM-2
+ My Fingers Of Fury!
Hellraiser Avenger looks bloody nice
Squier Standard Telecaster.
Random Ibanez GIO superstrat
Takamine EG440C Maple Blue

Line 6 Spider III 30 w
Blackheart Killer Ant
Blackheart Little Giant

Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Line 6 Toneport UX-2
prs or schecter......thats not a question...... go for the prs if u have the money
The PRS will probably be a higher quality guitar, but there's nothing wrong with a Schecter. If you're a "beginner," Schecter might be the better option because they cost less -- it is your first GOOD guitar, you're sure to buy others -- and the Hellraiser is great for a metalhead.

On a side note I actually own a Hellraiser and I absolutely love it. It has great construction quality and it plays like a dream.

Edit: I just looked and seen that the PRS guitars cost less, but I still vote Schecter.
Last edited by egzwygart at Dec 19, 2008,
Try out some Fenders, i have a shecter and atough its a great guitar the C-1 Classic, i regret not buying a fender now cause they play so damn well the mexicans I bealieve sell less than what there actually worth.

But yah the shecter i didnt really like the low end PRS, epiphones are better IMO.
PRS.... Schecters are so overrated on these boards its not even funny

Oh and did i mention, i have one....

In comparison to my PGM it feels pathetic, I'll be selling mine asap
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
Quote by Cole419
prs or schecter......thats not a question...... go for the prs if u have the money

If it was like a Custom 24 then you're right, no question but we're talking about the SE series here so...Schecter.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
well you already have a pretty nice guitar, what kind of amp do you have?
but i would take the C1 hellraiser out of those choices for metal
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
C-1 Plus...
I was between that and a PRS SE Singlecut...
I like the Schecter better.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Another vote for C-1 Plus. I love mine.
Agile AL-3100 CSB, Schecter C1-Plus with SD 59s, Crate V33 Head (modded), Crate 2x12 Cabinet w/ Green Berets, EQD Hoof

Good Traders: jdr94 7PlaGues xXMetal-HeadXx applecakes1207
Schecters hellraiser c-1 elite diamond series.

Its a les paul in superstrat form.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel