Page 1 of 2
my band had a concert last night. all was well until we went on stage, then everything went to ****. the bassists basses input broke... OFF! he had to borrow Beneath the Raptures bass. the drummers throne, and half his drumset died when we got to the venue, we borrowed some other bands ****, the sound guy ****ed **** up, there was constant feedback and a loud hum when noone was playing. it just sucked.

what are your worst experiances on stage? could be falling over, instruments breaking, siesures etc...
Never EVER bring your searchbar to a gig!
Quote by Mauri_wario
I would indeed "fap that thaing", but my dog is looking at me and it feels highly iinappropriate.
Quote by tbsff_7
good luck with that! if the world have a nuclear war 3 things would survive; cockroaches, twinkies, and boss pedals
Quote by /Qwertytrewq\
Never EVER bring your searchbar to a gig!

I'm not laughing at your situation, I'm laughing at his post...
Which is hilarious...
Your situation sucks..
How many people were at the show?
Quote by NGD1313
Yes, my mom walked in on me getting my carrot skinned.

So I freaked out and flipped the vegetable tray.

There was ranch everywhere.

Quote by zwound
Win

Quote by __Pent__

^^Too bad I can't do this in real life
Amp screwed and I got this banjo sound to it when I was playin Livin' On A Prayer.

Pickup died on me during Know Your Enemy solo.
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
Quote by exylum
and half his drumset died when we got to the venue

The hell? What were you using for drums, live puppies?
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
Quote by Oblivion_Rps

Pickup died on me during Know Your Enemy solo.

You're lucky you didn't get stabbed for that one mate.

I've never been in a band
Quote by AStrangleHold

I'm not laughing at your situation, I'm laughing at his post...
Which is hilarious...
Your situation sucks..
How many people were at the show?

there were only about 50-100. they all just stood there though. we only got like 8 people to mosh.
Quote by neopowell

he has the ****tiest drums i have ever seen. they are shredded. he is a really good drummer though, we basically use his ****ty drums to get people to feel sorry for us. dismal lapse gave him a free doublekick because of it.
Quote by exylum
(...)we basically use his ****ty drums to get people to feel sorry for us. (...)

Omg. ._.
SPORTING CLUBE DE PORTUGAL

"And the earth died screaming as I lay dreaming"
cable and socket on my squier strat died halfway through a song, but i was playing with some one else so i just looked busy, i hope no one noticed.

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
I played a gig with my band once. Everything was fine, we played our set and left the stage. The band that played after us started playing, one of their guitarists using a guitar with a Floyd and strings that were half a year old or so. Of course, one of the strings snapped in the middle of the second song.

- He used a guitar with a Floyd
- His strings were old as f*ck
- He didn't bring a back up guitar
- He didn't have the necessary tools to replace the strings
- He didn't even have spare strings to begin with
- If you play a show prepared like that, you damn deserve it if everything goes to hell

Okay, so then he borrowed my guitar. I wasn't around for a couple of minutes, so I didn't notice it at first and he couldn't ask me before borrowing it. No problem, I know the guy and anyway: the show must go on.
He had his guitar tuned to E standard, mine was in drop D. He didn't notice the difference after I cam up to him after a couple of songs and told him.

Seriously,
Messed up a blink-182 song...

i still kick myself for that one.
| Call me Matt. | | I like music. |
Sang one of my songs in completely the wrong key, because I was that drunk. It was perfectly in tune of course, but in the wrong key.

Wasn't my fault anyway, the monitors were really quiet and I couldn't even hear the music on the stage.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
The other week the soundguy didn't turn up for two and a half fucking hours, and when he came there was no apology- he didn't even bother explaining why he was so late. Instead, when we said that we need a soundcheck because we use a lot of complicated noises and triggered effects that need a lot of attention and need to be tested, he gave us a gutful of lip. We just packed our stuff and walked out and I stopped to tell a couple of fans that we'd pulled out and that if they'd bought tickets to see us that we'll make sure they're valid for the next show.
Quote by neopowell

I'm picturing a different version of that Cadbury's ad with the guy in the gorilla suit...
Quote by frusciante_man1
cakemonster..you are truly my hero
HONK
Quote by DeSean
HONK!I like your cake.
Quote by olif8
And Cakeface, why didn't you sig my

HONK!

from that other thread?

Quote by LordBishek

I can't stand it any longer.

HONK

Honk if you love cake! HONK!!
Quote by Aidy Damage
The other week the soundguy didn't turn up for two and a half fucking hours, and when he came there was no apology- he didn't even bother explaining why he was so late. Instead, when we said that we need a soundcheck because we use a lot of complicated noises and triggered effects that need a lot of attention and need to be tested, he gave us a gutful of lip. We just packed our stuff and walked out and I stopped to tell a couple of fans that we'd pulled out and that if they'd bought tickets to see us that we'll make sure they're valid for the next show.

There's a place round here that has a sound man like that. Not one band I know who's played there has had a good experience.

Oh, and my worst experience was probably the last gig I did where I probably played more wrong notes than right notes.
Last edited by Small Print at Dec 19, 2008,
Quote by Small Print
There's a place round here that has a sound man like that. Not one band I know who's played there has had a good experience.

We've rescheduled the date- I just pray that we have different soundman.
Just remembered: At one of my band's gigs the sound guy didn't show up at first, too. Luckily, another dude that is sort of a hobbyist sound guy and who arranged for the PA and lights helped my band to set everything up.
Once we got the mix ready (and I tell you we were really happy with it) we left the stage and waited for the show to begin. Two hours later the sound guy arrives, half an hour before the show. He said he wanted to check if everything was working properly, so we get on stage and start playing a song, everything sounds great, but then the guy starts to 'improve' the mix. He totally messed it up and there was no time to do a proper sound check anymore and nobody knew how everything was set before that. His attempts at restoring the mix didn't help much either.
In the end we had sh*t sound. We were recording the gig, but the recording sounds like muffled crap.

So I assume I'll have to learn how to do all that myself.
Wasn't my band...

But my brothers band opened up for Gabba Gabba Hey, a Ramones cover band. The guitar amp cut out completely 2 minutes in. But they thought it was the guitar. So he takes out his spare guitar, and they get into another song. The amp cuts back in for a bit, and then...the strap comes off the guitar, it falls, and hits the floor. Hard. So he is down to one guitar and a picky amp. He gets his first guitar again, and the amp starts issuing smoke....

Long story short, my brothers guitar player let him use his amp, so the gig started up again after 5 minutes. It was funny, despite the injured guitar.
Quote by Minkaro
Whoa, we're halfway there
Whoa, living with our sisters

IF THERE WAS ONE CHANCE IN ALL OF TIME TO USE THE PEAR, THIS WAS IT.
**** YOU, SIR.
**** YOU IN THE ASSHOLE.
GHOST BLOWJOB!
WHOOO! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!
My first gig ever, we'd been practicing for a few weeks, I felt all prepared. Get up on stage, spotlight hits - and I think to myself, "Oh fuck. I forget everything I'm supposed to play."

Luckily, it was an original, so the rest of the band kicks in and I just improvise some shit riff, and eventually my brain started working again. But my God, was that moment horrible.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
I was playing a solo during our cover of "Fire on the Mountain."
It's in the key of Bb, and me trying to be a hotshot giving lusty glares to this girl up against the barrier starts playing it on the 12th fret of the B string, not the 11th. Needless to say, it sounded horrible as the rest of the band played in Bb as i play in B. It still makes me cringe :/
Quote by Minkaro
Whoa, we're halfway there
Whoa, living with our sisters

haha

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Well, nothing as bad as what happened to you mate, sorry about that. I did get incredibly nervous at my first two gigs.

On the first one I actually forgot to bring a pick, and decided to fingerpick my way through the set. Luckily I had been fingerpicking since I started, but there's nothing more awkward than playing the Enter Sandman solo with your fingers being nervous as hell (I was rhythm guitarist, so it was the only solo I had to play. Don't remember why though). Luckily it was an easy one.

On the second one my hands got really sweaty because there were lots of people, since many bands were playing, and my pick slipped not once, not twice, but three times, during SLTS, in the motherfucking verse. Still kick myself about that from time to time.
Look!

Learn how to spell, grammar is your friend

Member #11 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join.

Blues player of the Laney Cult
One of our band's guitar player was telling me to move because we were covering Aces High and we played it a coffeehouse, and I was just standing there headbanging didn't even notice him, he went up beside me, and kind of punched me but i just stood there, he tells me after we finish :P he wanted his whaaa for the solo he does, i feel sorry for him, could've made us epic in our school, but the dudes in my band are chill people....so yeh that's about it.
Quote by exylum
my band had a concert last night. all was well until we went on stage, then everything went to ****. the bassists basses input broke... OFF! he had to borrow Beneath the Raptures bass. the drummers throne, and half his drumset died when we got to the venue, we borrowed some other bands ****, the sound guy ****ed **** up, there was constant feedback and a loud hum when noone was playing. it just sucked.

what are your worst experiances on stage? could be falling over, instruments breaking, siesures etc...

Do you mean seizures?

I've stumbled over a cable once or twice, missed a solo note, something like that.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

At one of the shows we played when we were starting out, the soundguy set it up wierd so that my guitar was boosted really loud to the audience, but since it was on the floor and not raised like the other guitarists' amps, i couldnt actually hear myself.

Not hearing yourself + Having to play 3 solos in 1 song consisting primarily of bends = bad experience

Come to think of it, the sound guy has pretty much ****ed me over like that at every gig... I actually had to change the solos to the songs just so i could do them without having to hear myself.
I used to have these pants that I loved dearly. They had gotten very old and the button had long since fallen off, but instead of getting another one I would just rely on this ragged belt I had to support them. During a song in the middle of a packed gig my belt gave way and so did my pants...at the end of the song (I refused to stop playing) I simply kicked the pants all the way off and watched as two of my fellow band mates did the same. We then rocked harder then we ever had (we also probably smelled funkier than we ever had as well).
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Page 1 of 2