I got a pacifica with a vintage tremolo system (the guitar has a strat shape). I was wondering if I can put something like the locking nut that uses the floyd rose on the vintage tremolo or something like it because my strings get out of tune a lot. Anything I can use so I keep the strings in tune?
Gear:

-ESP/LTD M-100FM
-Yamaha Pacifica PAC012
-PBS 15Watts Amplifier
-Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah Pedal
-Monster 25ft. Cable
-Dunlop Tortex 1mm Picks
-Dunlop Strap (Heavy Duty)
- Ernie Ball 10-46
maybe it's the tuning machines up in the headstock .. you can replace those by locking tuners
No you can't use a locking nut, because you don't have fine tuners on the bridge - you'll get it in tune, screw down the nut and it'll put your strings out of tune again.

Locking tuners are an option, you can also do lots of other things to stabilise your bridge - google it - there's loads of information out there.
the tuners are too expensive, anything for the nut?
Gear:

-ESP/LTD M-100FM
-Yamaha Pacifica PAC012
-PBS 15Watts Amplifier
-Monster 25ft. Cable
-Dunlop Tortex 1mm Picks
- Ernie Ball 10-46
Not really, a locking nut is useless unless your bridge has fine tuners. You could look at replacing the tuners with locking ones though.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by IPlaySchecter
Just block the trem. That will end the nightmare.

what do you mean with lock it?>
Gear:

-ESP/LTD M-100FM
-Yamaha Pacifica PAC012
-PBS 15Watts Amplifier
-Monster 25ft. Cable
-Dunlop Tortex 1mm Picks
- Ernie Ball 10-46
I would just block the trem. Find something that fits in the cavity between the trem and the wood on the back of the guitar, and block it. LEGO's work great for this. It will make the whammy useless, but it will improve your tuning stability, and make alternate tunings possible on the fly.
Alternatively, you can try a graphite nut and/or graphite/roller saddles on the trem... that should come to around $35-$45.
There's a few things you should consider:
- Using the vibrato less. It might be that you're trying to do Floyd Rose style whammy antics, and a vibrato like those on Strats simply isn't made for that. Divebombs, pulling up, just don't try it. If you want to do that stuff then you have to get a floating vibrato like a Floyd Rose.
- Most tuning problems are caused by strings binding in the nut or slipping in the tuning pegs. Both these problems are solved by simply checking you're restringing the guitar properly. To that end:
- Check each slot in the nut is clear and the strings are able to glide through smoothly; if they can't, try rubbing some pencil lead in each slot.
- As far as tuning pegs go, make sure the strings are secure but not wrapped around too many times. Usually twice around is right for the three lowest strings and three or four times around is best for the higher strings. Also check the string isn't wrapped around on top of itself, each wrapping should be next to each other rather than crossing over the top.
- Make sure you're stretching your strings out before restringing the guitar. Bear in mind that new strings can sometimes take a week or so of playing before they're fully stretched out and 'settle in'.
- If all else fails, consider having the guitar set-up properly.

Even the cheapest plywood Strat copy can hold tune fine if it's set-up, maintained and used correctly. I know people who use Yamaha Pacifica guitars - without any upgrades or modifications - for gigs on a regular basis. Before you go blocking off your bridge or buying new tuners or having a new nut fitted or anything, check to make sure everything else about the guitar is as it should be first. It'd be silly to go spending money and time on new parts if all you really need to do is rub a bit of pencil in the nut or something like that.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
try a roller nut if you use your trem alot. and then take them out from any string trees. that way they can move without andthing to get caught on. but make sure the strings are wound around the tuning pegs properly. make sure they are wound very tight and that they do not cross over eachother. thats what i do for my strat(although without the roller nut) and it stays in tune for ages.
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B