Ok, at the moment, i have no problem with my picking hand, but my left hand is really slow. I think its because i broke it when i was young. I know speed isn't the most important aspect of my playing, but i think it would be a lot easier for me if i could play faster, you know? Any tips/exercises you can contribute will be appreciated
No it's not - your problem is that you haven't spent enough time working on getting your hands synchronised. It's not a case of one hand being too slow, or the other too fast - you're simply not very good at using the two of them together.

You're looking at it the wrong way round anyway, speed isn't a skill, it's a reflection of your skill. It's not something you can practice but you can practice all the things that affect it. Slow things right down and work on your accuracy, dexterity, synchronisation, timing, and also your knowledge of the fretboard. As you get better at all those things you'll be able to play faster, but thinking that guitar would be easier if you could play faster is back to front and doesn't actually make sense.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
speed is a byproduct of accuracy.

in other words keep playing at a comfortable accurate speed and you will get faster.
Speed comes very slow. Especially with the left hand. The more you play, the faster and more accurate your fingers will become. I run through my scales a lot, and some hammer on pull off stuff. Practice will get you there.
I'm just playing for 11 months, but I increased my speed with playing the pentatonic scales, learning simple blues solo's and improvise on the pentatonic scales.

Other simple exercises can be found at YouTube. Just search at speed exercise guitar.
Quote by steven seagull
No it's not - your problem is that you haven't spent enough time working on getting your hands synchronised. It's not a case of one hand being too slow, or the other too fast - you're simply not very good at using the two of them together.

You're looking at it the wrong way round anyway, speed isn't a skill, it's a reflection of your skill. It's not something you can practice but you can practice all the things that affect it. Slow things right down and work on your accuracy, dexterity, synchronisation, timing, and also your knowledge of the fretboard. As you get better at all those things you'll be able to play faster, but thinking that guitar would be easier if you could play faster is back to front and doesn't actually make sense.

What he said.
Scarred for life!

Rig:
Gibson LPC
Jackson DK10D
Fender HM Strat
Custom built Tele-type
Alvarez 5040 Koa
Epiphone 12 string
Blue Voodoo 50
Dunlop 213 slide
Fender M-80 chorus
Digitech Jimi Hendrix Experience

To that comment, that really isn't the problem. My fingers will actually not move any faster- at all.
There's a special sex move I do called the Charizard.
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"
You just think they won't go faster my friend. Just keep playing. You'll get there. I'll put it like this. You know how when you walk in your room and hit the light switch. You don't have to feel for the switch, or think about it, you just know where it is, because of memory. Guitar is the same way. Once you have played a particular part of a song for so long, you don't really have to think about what your doing anymore, your hand will just do it.
You just think they won't go faster my friend. Just keep playing. You'll get there. I'll put it like this. You know how when you walk in your room and hit the light switch. You don't have to feel for the switch, or think about it, you just know where it is, because of memory. Guitar is the same way. Once you have played a particular part of a song for so long, you don't really have to think about what your doing anymore, your hand will just do it.

Good way to put it :]
There's a special sex move I do called the Charizard.
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"