so i was wondering how long you think is too long for a guitar. ive been playing for almost 3 years now and im still on my original squier strat which has started falling apart on me (screw holding strap keeps falling out, metal plate on top of jack as well as where the cord goes are loose and fall out). yes i have tried screwing these back in, they just get loose or fall off again within 1 or 2 weeks.

so is it time for me to get a new guitar? i still love the thing but its just getting to be a massive inconvenience to continually have to catch my guitar when the strap screw falls out or the buzz when my jack is messing up. or is it worst it to try and take it to a guitar pro and have them fix it up? money is not a huge problem but i probably wont spend more then like 150 on repairs or 400 on a new guitar

thanks for the help
definitely
it was time for you to get a new guitar a year ago
take a look at the JS series and X series Jacksons
great guitars for a great price
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.
Get a new one ASAP.

I've had my EX-50 for two years now, and I've outgrown it. I feel limited by it, and I play so much better on a better guitar. Not that my EX-50 is falling apart or anything, but it doesn't have the "it" that more expenesive guitars have. All the little details, like better necks, pickups and stuff like that. So I'd say between 1-2 years is enough on your first guitar, depending on how quickly you progress.
There is no set time, that you can own a guitar for before you have to buy another. But if your not happy with your axe anymore, then get a new one. Schecter has the best bang for the buck right now.
Quote by solarmoo900
so i was wondering how long you think is too long for a guitar. ive been playing for almost 3 years now and im still on my original squier strat which has started falling apart on me (screw holding strap keeps falling out, metal plate on top of jack as well as where the cord goes are loose and fall out). yes i have tried screwing these back in, they just get loose or fall off again within 1 or 2 weeks.

so is it time for me to get a new guitar? i still love the thing but its just getting to be a massive inconvenience to continually have to catch my guitar when the strap screw falls out or the buzz when my jack is messing up. or is it worst it to try and take it to a guitar pro and have them fix it up? money is not a huge problem but i probably wont spend more then like 150 on repairs or 400 on a new guitar

thanks for the help

Ask Willie Nelson what he thinks? LOL! Just kidding, but if you are willing to do the work yourself, you can buy a new jack for about $5.00 anywhere. On the screw hole, if they aren't wallowed out too bad, you can fill the holes up with some super glue, and re tap the hole with the strap button screw. Its an easy fix, and cheap. Soldering the new jack isn't hard either. It just takes a little practice.
But if you don't like the guitar anymore, get a new one by all means. Its totally up to you.