I'm going to pick up my Peavey XXX I got used tonight from music stop, and I was going to get a cab too. I called them just to ask what they have before I went down and he said they have used Marshalls, which is good because buying used is just way better. But he didn't say what they have specifically. What would be a good marshall cab for a Xxx amp? If i can get a good used 4x12 for a good price i might get one, but I'm raelly just looking for a 2x 12.
Marshall has a 2x12 that sucks pretty badly and several 4x12s that also suck very badly.

If you can pick up a used 1960 cab, then that's not too bad, you can find them for pretty good prices used and they're solid cabs. The speakers kind of suck though, I'd swap them out eventually. But stay far away from anything below the 1960 line.
Check out avatar and if you can afford it , ENGL
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Try to find yourself a nice used Mesa 2x12

+1
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
Quote by al112987
Marshall has a 2x12 that sucks pretty badly and several 4x12s that also suck very badly.

If you can pick up a used 1960 cab, then that's not too bad, you can find them for pretty good prices used and they're solid cabs. The speakers kind of suck though, I'd swap them out eventually. But stay far away from anything below the 1960 line.

i have that 2X12, and it doesn't suck at all... maybe yours was a dud? either way, it's called the "1936," and i got mine used, for about 600 bucks at a retail store. i think it's list price at the time was 850. it's never ever given me trouble, and it sounds fantastic. granted, i'm using a marshall amp as well. i can't say for sure how a peavey will sound thru that same cab.
Quote by frigginjerk
i have that 2X12, and it doesn't suck at all... maybe yours was a dud? either way, it's called the "1936," and i got mine used, for about 600 bucks at a retail store. i think it's list price at the time was 850. it's never ever given me trouble, and it sounds fantastic. granted, i'm using a marshall amp as well. i can't say for sure how a peavey will sound thru that same cab.

Idk how much you bought it for used, but if you got a good deal then great, otherwise I personally would not spend $600 on a cab made of MDF, particularly since for $700 I could get a Mojotone 2x12 and a pair of speakers that would blow anything Marshall makes out of the water. I think it's bad enough that Marshall's 1960 cabs already have an MDF backing but I have much less trouble putting a birch back on that than I do completely rebuilding an entire 2x12 cab.
Marshall cabs really need to be modded aka filling in and fixing the stuff the factory should of done in the first place. That said there not worth the money in my opinion. And I own one... Also Peavey amps generally dont like marshall cabs unless you get a 1960 cab with vintage 30's..

A used Mesa is going to be your best bet...
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Marshall cabs really need to be modded aka filling in and fixing the stuff the factory should of done in the first place. That said there not worth the money in my opinion. And I own one... Also Peavey amps generally dont like marshall cabs unless you get a 1960 cab with vintage 30's..

A used Mesa is going to be your best bet...

+1 on the cab mods
alright, I'm pretty sure they have mesa 2x12's there, I'll probably check one of those out.
Try a Mesa. Or also, try out an orange 2x12 as well. Mine was much better than i thought when it arrived. =]
Sweet.