I have a Line 6 Spyder II halfstack. I know its not good. But it was my first halfstack and I was just tricked by the website.

But here is what I'm trying to do.

I play deathcore, along the lines of Whitechapel or Suicide Silence in a band. And Im wondering if there is a good distortion pedal that will be good for that type of music. Im getting the ISP noise reducer as well, and i planned on putting that at the end of my chain. Im currently in the process of saving up for an engl powerball, but i wont have the money for that until maybe june or so.

So any advice on what distortion/overdrive pedals would sound good on a non tube amp and plugged in with the noise reducer?

I need help pleaze!
A dreamcatcher works, if your dream is to be gay.
-- Demetri Martin

Maryland Deathcore
Hang The Wench
A whole new amp will be better too be honest.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by xD3vourm3nTx
I have a Line 6 Spyder II halfstack. I know its not good. But it was my first halfstack and I was just tricked by the website.

But here is what I'm trying to do.

I play deathcore, along the lines of Whitechapel or Suicide Silence in a band. And Im wondering if there is a good distortion pedal that will be good for that type of music. Im getting the ISP noise reducer as well, and i planned on putting that at the end of my chain. Im currently in the process of saving up for an engl powerball, but i wont have the money for that until maybe june or so.

So any advice on what distortion/overdrive pedals would sound good on a non tube amp and plugged in with the noise reducer?

I need help pleaze!

If you're going to get the Engl in 7 months i'd get a cheap distiotion pedal just to hold you over till you get the amp. Once you get the Engl you most likley will never want to use a dis. pedal ever again, making whatever pedal you get now useless.
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
what is your budget?????????
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Save your money and get the ENGL sooner.
~3.6 billion years of evolutionary progress have led to this post~