I've been looking for a peavey 5150 head used for quite a long time, aiming for around the $550-600 mark and am having really bad luck. After looking for 5 or 6 months I'm starting to look for other suggestions.
What are some good heads for Metal that i could get for around $550-600?
I'm willing to go used.
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
Bugera, but they should probably be checked by a tech first.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Honestly, in that range i can't think of any.

I did play a few peaveys in that range once, and could get a nice metal tone out of em, i don't know how much more of a variety in tone they'd get besides your generic mids cut nu-metal sound.
Quote by oneblackened
Bugera, but they should probably be checked by a tech first.

Yeah I was thinking Bugera, but I'm scared it would break on me and I won't be able to return it or have some sort of warranty if I buy it used. the only Bugera retailer i know is extremely overpriced, too.
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
b 52???
randall??????
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
b 52???
randall??????

Any specific b-52/randall heads I should look into?
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
b 52 at 212
randall rg50tc
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
b 52 at 212
randall rg50tc

Those are combos. He wants heads.

Anyway:RH50T Randall.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Peavey Ultras are good amps. They are the precursors of the XXX series and can be found real cheap.
Alright. I think I'm going to have a look at Bugeras some more and look at that Randall, it seems pretty nice.
Thanks for your help
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
Quote by Food_for_funk
Peavey Ultras are good amps. They are the precursors of the XXX series and can be found real cheap.

I love you.

...as in, i agree.
I'm not cool.
Quote by Food_for_funk

Just looked at some clips. These sound pretty good. Thanks
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
Randall RH150G3 Plus, or B-52 AT-100. Those both kick ass for metal, if you want versitality and tubes, go B-52, if you want kick ass beafy metal and SS, go Randall. Good luck!!!
Quote by bulletrocks522
Randall RH150G3 Plus, or B-52 AT-100. Those both kick ass for metal, if you want versitality and tubes, go B-52, if you want kick ass beafy metal and SS, go Randall. Good luck!!!

Thanks man.
I'm looking for tube I guess I should have mentioned that in the first post.
I've looked at clips of the B-52 and it sounds amazing.Sadly I just looked around everywhere I could think of and can't seem to find any Oh well I guess I'll just keep looking.
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
B-52's are generally on Ebay.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Randall RG 100ES
Marshall Lead 100 Mosfet
Marshall 8100
Ampeg VH140c
Crate GX130c
Quote by gucio93
Thanks man.
I'm looking for tube I guess I should have mentioned that in the first post.
I've looked at clips of the B-52 and it sounds amazing.Sadly I just looked around everywhere I could think of and can't seem to find any Oh well I guess I'll just keep looking.

Here's my demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TW9KtD2JhO4&feature=channel_page
Here's one on E-Bay: http://cgi.ebay.com/B-52-AT-100-ALL-TUBE-100W-HALF-STACK_W0QQitemZ280295273739QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item280295273739&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50
Just hold out man........

Anything you get you wont be happy with because its not a 5150. I've been through this way to many times man and I always lose money on it in the end....
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Just hold out man........

Anything you get you wont be happy with because its not a 5150. I've been through this way to many times man and I always lose money on it in the end....

Unless it's a VH140 C.
Quote by imgooley
Unless it's a VH140 C.

This is true, it cured my gas right up hell it even made me shelve my thoughts about getting an Uberschall....

Its an amazing amp and better yet no tubes to hassle with, no changing settings to match what ever volume your at, no upkeep or maintence and just its ready to go right when you flip the switch. Also with enough tone to put many many tube amps to shame. She is a winner in my book...
Quote by IbanezPsycho
This is true, it cured my gas right up hell it even made me shelve my thoughts about getting an Uberschall....

Its an amazing amp and better yet no tubes to hassle with, no changing settings to match what ever volume your at, no upkeep or maintence and just its ready to go right when you flip the switch. Also with enough tone to put many many tube amps to shame. She is a winner in my book...

It's on my list
Quote by imgooley
It's on my list

Make sure its at the top...

It was at the bottom of mine for way to long

I was always breaking my back to get tube amp after tube amp and had my list of engl's, bogners, kranks, peaveys and so on. Then finally said what the hell and picked this one up. That same day I busted out the eraser...