Alright so im trying to get lower action on my Schecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, but i seem to get more buzz on it then on my Ibanez RG7321 which has lower action....

The 7321 has lower action but seems to get less buzz than my C-7...

What should i do exactly?

Thanks
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore
Lower your action to where you want it to be. Put a capo at the first fret, depress the e string at the 14th fret. Then, get a feeler gauge and measure the gap between the string and the actual 7th fret. A good median is right at .010". If the gauge touches the string, you need to loosen the truss rod and put in more relief. I advise a quarter turn, and remeasure. If it is not where you want it to be, put in another 8th to a quarter to turn and let it sit over night, remeasuring the next day.
Quote by CJRocker
Lower your action to where you want it to be. Put a capo at the first fret, depress the e string at the 14th fret. Then, get a feeler gauge and measure the gap between the string and the actual 7th fret. A good median is right at .010". If the gauge touches the string, you need to loosen the truss rod and put in more relief. I advise a quarter turn, and remeasure. If it is not where you want it to be, put in another 8th to a quarter to turn and let it sit over night, remeasuring the next day.
hmm, i don't have any of the feeler gauge things..
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
UG Gain Whore
Quote by jerm__
hmm, i don't have any of the feeler gauge things..

Try a business or credit card.
But see the thing is, im getting buzz, therefore, shouldn't the way to get rid of it by putting more bow into the neck? However, this will result in higher action in the middle frets...and this is not what i want....
-Peavey 6505+
UG Gain Whore
^well usually putting more bow in the neck helps you clear frets.

what strings and frets are buzzing?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
^well usually putting more bow in the neck helps you clear frets.

what strings and frets are buzzing?
Yes i know that, but thats the problem, my action isn't low enough and its still buzzing, so putting more bow will only make the action higher.

I get buzz in the fret range of 5-10 and its only on the biggest strings (7-5)
-Peavey 6505+
UG Gain Whore
what we're hoping is that, if the neck has more bend, that then you'll be able to lower the bridge a little.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011