So I'm sick and I am unable to play guitar right now. Whenever I try to play I'm really shakey, I am unable to concentrate, and I can't keep rythym. I am unable to play anything that I was able to just a bit ago. I am getting a surgery in no less than 4 weeks. How much will my playing suffer for not being able to play for that amount of time. Will it be very noticeable or just a tad bit. Has anyone else had a similar experience. I am really freaking out cause guitar is my life. Thanks
how long have you been playing?

i notice im a little rusty even after a week without playing, but im pretty new to guitar. i would assume you would be rusty for sure..cant really comment on how much your ability will/could decline.
Ive been playing for about 3 years, but this last year I haven't been doing to well and Ive spent most of it trying not to fall behind. Iv'e come to a point now that I am unable to even do that now.
Just chill, it will come back to you in time, just concentrate on getting well again.
I have had a few times when this sort of thing has happened and I came out of it with a more mellow attitude which led to smoother playing. Be prepared to be playing some soulful stuff for a while and build it up again from there. You'll end up a better all-round player.
Thanks guys, that made me chill down a bit. I just don't wan't to loose all that I have put into it. Ive heard the phrase "you don't use it you loose it" thrown around so often in the guitar community.
That's happened to me a few times. You'll come out of. I just take a break for a day or two and play again refreshed.

Just a suggestion: If you can buy an effects pedal. It'll be something new to dive into. When I got a distortion pedal to relplace my crappy amp gain I wrote one of my best riffs ever.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
This is happening to me right now, im sick also, and i had to cancel my guitar lesson tomorrow
I'm Luke.
Quote by Petrucciowns
Thanks guys, that made me chill down a bit. I just don't wan't to loose all that I have put into it. Ive heard the phrase "you don't use it you loose it" thrown around so often in the guitar community.

since when does lose have two o's?
I'm Luke.
Quote by Petrucciowns
it doesn't , but thanks for pointing it out asshole!

There's no need to be hurtful lol
I'm Luke.