Ok, i bought a crap strat copy. It doesnt stay in tune for 2 minutes and takes about 15 mins to tune each time.

Now im thinking of buying another.

check this out:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400013310049#ebayphotohosting

Has it really got a real maple body/neck? If so how would the tuning stability be? I know the rest of the stuff it **** but ive got a good amp anyway.

Plus im getting some fender 62's soon and am wondering, if the guitar is any good, would it be possible for me to install these into the guitar?

If not then im getting a nice one soon anyway so i dont mind.
why buy junk?! :S

save some money and buy something that's actually playable?

Ibanez RG2228 Prestige
Schecter C7 Jeff Loomis FR (18volt mod)
Epiphone Gothic Explorer (with SD Blackouts)
Ibanez RG350M Yellow
Peavey C5 Tigerwood 5string bass
Randall RH150G3
The wood in this matter doens't really matters. Try checking the tuners or the bridge, there might reside your problem.

If the body is REALLY maple then i think it is good.
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
Last edited by Line6 at Dec 19, 2008,
Makes me proud to be German to see that even our guitar websites have pictures of naked women on them
ohai little sig.
The solid maple top might be a clue it's a plywood guitar. I would use what you have until you get the better guitar no sence in throwing away good money when you don't need to.

John
save up till you can buy something thats actually decent
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by Aszbaz
Ok, i bought a crap strat copy. It doesnt stay in tune for 2 minutes and takes about 15 mins to tune each time. Now im thinking of buying another.

is your bridge flush against the body?

tighten the bridge, block it if you have to. takes about 5 mins and a block of wood.

then buy new tuners or string in a way that locks the string in place and rub a graphite pencil tip in the cuts of the nut.

And Save For A Good Guitar.

dont replace a starter with a starter.

Extra money? Make sure you have a good amp instead.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Meh. I knew there would be a catch. Im getting ****loads of money soon but im not sure if I can get a guitar with it. Im trading a blackberry storm for an iphone 3g, might sell it, might not, selling 2 other blackberry storms, and buying a new laptop for about £500. I can get a cort g205, like the g200 with a maple neck, which is good with an amp for £90.
i hear you, but seriously, you can probably set up your current guitar better and use it instead.

then use the $100 or whatevber that other one is, and buy tuners for it or maybe save for a new amp if you need one.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Quote by jj1565
is your bridge flush against the body?

tighten the bridge, block it if you have to. takes about 5 mins and a block of wood.

then buy new tuners or string in a way that locks the string in place and rub a graphite pencil tip in the cuts of the nut.

And Save For A Good Guitar.

dont replace a starter with a starter.

Extra money? Make sure you have a good amp instead.

Yeah the bridge was loose, but i cut the strings off a few weeks ago. i know its not good for the guitar, but its **** anyway so i dont care. Im waiting to get some strings but I really need to find a way to keep this thing in tune. Its really pissing me off. One mmore thing, my strings were too low and always buzzed, what can I do?
well, NOT cutting the strings off is a good start.

1. string the guitar before the neck warps.
2. add srpings in the trem cavity, make the bridge tight.
3. after, use a tiny allen wrench to adjust the saddles up and down, to eliminate fret buzz.

4. win.

for help, check out the green link in my sig, most answers in the first post.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

....your replacing a starter guitar with a starter guitar...than buying a good guitar. than, instead of solving your fret buzz problems, you cut the strings off, leaving the neck to warp and cause more problems.... i....i dont know what to say. this has to be the stupidest thing i have ever read on this site....
Quote by Mo Jiggity
What he said. You are a wise man for not buying into the hype.

ya hear that...he thinks im wise
Quote by jj1565
i hear you, but seriously, you can probably set up your current guitar better and use it instead.

then use the $100 or whatevber that other one is, and buy tuners for it or maybe save for a new amp if you need one.

Im saving for some fender 57/62's, so is it worth me buying the crap guitar just to put them into it? will it sound any good and stay in tune? thats all I really want. I dont want to gig it or mod it or do anything fancy, just use it to play at home.
no, no it's really not any better than the guitar you have there in front of you.

all "crap" guitars have shoddy hardware.

i'm thinking instead of buying a crap guitar to put things into, why wouldnt you fix the guitar you have now, (for little or nothing) and save for a guitar, made of real wood, something worth putting a little money into.

and again, this all means nothing if your amp isnt that good.

it's the 17th post and i still have little or no information about any of your gear.

you're not really listening to what i'm saying it's getting a little upsetting.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by jj1565
no, no it's really not any better than the guitar you have there in front of you.

all "crap" guitars have shoddy hardware.

i'm thinking instead of buying a crap guitar to put things into, why wouldnt you fix the guitar you have now, (for little or nothing) and save for a guitar, made of real wood, something worth putting a little money into.

and again, this all means nothing if your amp isnt that good.

it's the 17th post and i still have little or no information about any of your gear.

you're not really listening to what i'm saying it's getting a little upsetting.

LOL ok its a crap strat copy, usually running through a **** 20w amp. if not, then I use my other 20w fender amp, that one sounds great with my friend's strat plugged into it so its a good amp. Ive got an elctro acoustic which is an Ovation Applause AE28M by Kaman, brilliant guitar.

My friend is selling his Cort G205 which I might buy. He got it for £250 and payed extra for the amp but hes selling it for £90. Its a good guitar, has a maple fretboard, and will last a long time. tuning stability was pretty bad but he added an extra spring to it and set it up now its brilliant. Im thinking of just saving and buying his, he wont trade for anything, not even my laptop because he needs cash. Until then this strat copy will have to do, but I need a good eletric guitar since nearly all the songs I play are on electric guitars. Its nice overall, solidly built, and If I buy it Ill definitly change the pickups asap even though the current ones sound good.

If you cant find the model, google cort G200, its the same but the one he has is a g205 and has a maple fretboard.
Last edited by Aszbaz at Dec 20, 2008,
Quote by Aszbaz
Ok, i bought a crap strat copy... Now im thinking of buying another.

Another crap strat copy with the same crap hardware and same crap problems?

What the ****?