Presonus makes solid stuff. That said, what's your overall budget? It's better to get their other 8 channel Firewire interfaces like the Firestudio Project or FP10 (successor to the Firepod), as each track has its own place. They run around $400 B-stock or used.
The cool part about these kits is separate monitor mixes for each bandmate (vocalist wants guitars in his phones, drummer wants the bassist and his kit, etc.) so everyone plays their best. I think you could use this stuff live, though it's a bit of a stretch without faders.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
Last edited by Fast_Fingers at Dec 19, 2008,
Quote by Fast_Fingers
Presonus makes solid stuff. That said, what's your overall budget? It's better to get an 8 channel interface like their Firestudio Project or FP10.

The Firepod has 8 channels.

Good idea. I have one, brilliant bit of kit.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
its a great product. but its not for everyone or every situation. what exactly are you using for. (obviously recording, but more specifically.)
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by chea_man
its a great product. but its not for everyone or every situation. what exactly are you using for. (obviously recording, but more specifically.)

We are recording our Demo using it and we want to keep the costs as low as we can due to limited buget (we even had to shell less on mics, 700 drum mic kit, one SM57, and a Rode NT-1 A is what we're using)
Quote by Highwaytohell
We are recording our Demo using it and we want to keep the costs as low as we can due to limited buget (we even had to shell less on mics, 700 drum mic kit, one SM57, and a Rode NT-1 A is what we're using)

better to either

use superior drummer and buy a 2 input cheaper usb interface and decent mics

or go round local colleges and get students..this works very well..and we use the best stuff like neumann u87s
Quote by Ziesta
better to either

use superior drummer and buy a 2 input cheaper usb interface and decent mics

or go round local colleges and get students..this works very well..and we use the best stuff like neumann u87s

I refuse to use a computer program to replace the authenticity of an actual drummer. Just doesn't sound as raw.

Neumann u87s? damn... If only there were any tech schools nearby!