Why does everyone hate them? I mean, I'd never use one on stage or anything, but they seem like fine practice/beginner amps to me.

Am currently looking for a practice amp (My beginner died out on me.), and there aren't any Rolands/Peaveys in my local music shops. However, there're tons of Marshalls.

In your opinion, what would be the best MG series Marshall for practice.

Again, this isn't going to be a permanent amp. I'll be getting a tube in like, a year.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
The <30 watt versions are decent practice amps.
But it's when you buy the 100 watt halfstack, it's pointless because you could have gotten something so much better for the price.
Just buy something off an online store, maybe a Vypyr or something.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Just get the MG10 if you really have to, any bigger and you have wasted money that you could put towards that tube amp slightly sooner.

A year is a long time to be stuck with something you'l hate within a month?
Your on a guitar forum, do a search and your question will be answered in the first few threads you find.

They are hated for many reasons...
Price
Lack of Tone
Lack of Features
"Your Paying for the Marshall name"
They are not real Marshalls
Marketing Schemes

Do you really want your Christmas to be full of upset and regret?

Even the Spiders are probably better, you'd get more fun out of it atleast.

Why does it have to come from your local music shop? Its Christmas, the internet is full of deals!
Kaya Scodelario... Wow

GEAR:
Air
Purple Tortex Jazz Picks
You should honestly get something that you won't be tired of its tone within like a month or two. Order online if you can't find anything locally.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
Definitely order online. Get like, a Roland MicroCube, it's cheap and then you can start saving for something way better.
Gear:
Peavey JSX Head
Ibanez PGM301
Randall R212CB

Simple.
There are overgrown very quickly. As your ear develops and your techniques improve
it simply wont produce the tones you need it to.
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett
Vypyr

/thread
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
This is like the 5th thread ive seen today about an MG, and its everyday too, no witty joke from me, just use the god damn searchbar
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
MGs are hated because of their tone and the price. they are pretty expensive for the tone that you get. i own one and i unfortunately cannot get rid of it as of now. if you really must get an MG for practice, go for an MG10 or 15 but don't expect to get really good tones.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC