how would i go about finding my networks password on a windows computer
Quote by RizzoWashburn
Oh, and this is the internet. I have the right to be a douchebag. Fuck off.
I don't think you can, it wouldn't be a very secure security measure if you could.

You'll have to reset the router, reconfigure it and pick a password you'll actually remember.
Quote by freedoms_stain
I don't think you can, it wouldn't be a very secure security measure if you could.

You'll have to reset the router, reconfigure it and pick a password you'll actually remember.

how do i do that
Quote by RizzoWashburn
Type in your ip address into the internet search bar, don't change the settings of the stuff you're led to, but the wep is there, somewhere.

OR

Use the start up disc for your internet connection

OR

Use a wired broadband connection
Put 192.168.1.1 into your address bar. If you know your administrator name + password, it'll be in their under security settings. If you haven't changed the admin name/password hopefully it will be:

Username/Password

Admin/Admin
Administrator/Admin
Administrator/Administrator
Administrator/Password
Admin/Administrator

Try them and see.
Quote by shift3448
how do i do that
Should be a master reset somewhere, I don't know what router you have.
Quote by blackenedktulu
Type in your ip address into the internet search bar, don't change the settings of the stuff you're led to, but the wep is there, somewhere.

OR

Use the start up disc for your internet connection

OR

Use a wired broadband connection
He doesn't know his WEP password, chances that he knows his router login details?
if it has already been entered on your computer before there's a tool that can recover it. google it.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by mh.666
Put 192.168.1.1 into your address bar. If you know your administrator name + password, it'll be in their under security settings. If you haven't changed the admin name/password hopefully it will be:

Username/Password

Admin/Admin
Administrator/Admin
Administrator/Administrator
Administrator/Password
Admin/Administrator

Try them and see.

This, or some you might just need to put in Admin and no password or just leave both options blank.
First you have to send me all your credit card details. Passwords, bank account details. ect. Then we will talk business.
look in the back of your router. there should be an IP address on there. type that into your browser. the username and password should also be in the back of the router. it'll be somewhere in the line of what the guy on ^^^post #8 said.
that is, if noone has changed the username/pass yet.
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
Not sure if it works that well with Windows, but in Linux you can crack WEP using the aircrack-ng suite. Make sure you have a compatible wireless card and install the necessary software. From there you create traffic on the network and catch the packets using a package sniffer. Once you've got enough ivs, crack the password using aircrack.

Edit: if you want to find out the default username and password of your router, check here.
Last edited by acersucks at Dec 19, 2008,
Just give me your IP address and ill get it for you
Everybody Loves Lefty..

Lefties Unite!

Melodic Thrash Metal and winners of the Wacken Metal Battle Canada and 2nd Place Runner Ups for Wacken Metal Battle International

PROFANER
Quote by ginjaninja
You can't, unless you are on the default/main computer.

you were right i got it to work
Quote by RizzoWashburn