is there anything i can use that can clean the neck, not the fretboard. Grease from my hands is getting on my nerves and i want to keep it clean. is there any thing that would be around the house, like cleaing products (wood furnature cleaner?) that i dont have to go to the music shop to get?

thanks
Quote by vmanoman
damn....thats nuts. 2 nuts in fact. anyway, all that happened to me was i fell up a flight of stairs....like not up a few steps, but tripped at the bottom and fell up the entire flight.....
go to your local auto shop and pick up some microfiber towels...there great they pick up all oils and dirt and polish at the same time...no need for any cleaning suplies either
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell
Quote by ginjaninja
Wash your hands.

This, esp after a bucket of KFC.

I dont clean my guitar necks, I have soft plastic scraper I use to scrape the worst away. Lemon juice is apparantly great, only downside is the smell.

DO NOT USE ANYTHING SILICON BASED.

A good indication that a guitar neck needs cleaning is when the **** starts turning green.