1. has it inspired anyone to start playing guitar?
2. has it improved your guitar playing?
3. do you have the game?
4. what are your views on the game?
Hack up her body, put it in plastic bags, and dump it in the woods. This will get you a laugh 9 times out of 10.

So, how are your iPods and your games, and your $200 jeans this Christmas. I got a ceramic horse.

Exo M6

OWNED
Quote by bowlerhatlizard

??
...Fender + Ritchie Blackmore = hours and hours of GREAT music and guitar execusions...
i have it and i like it, but it will never come before guitar playing....
Be still my heart, I hear your back cracking...

...sounds like music to me
I hate it
it is basically a rhythm game with music in the background
i mean, i went back and played a song that i could play on guitar, and wasnt able to play it on GH on like medium(lulz) because timing and everything is always off a little
(\/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny.
(")_(") ExtremeMetalFTW donated these ears
Notice something wrong? Yea, me too
| |
[ ]
Quote by Siege of Power
I hate it
it is basically a rhythm game with music in the background
i mean, i went back and played a song that i could play on guitar, and wasnt able to play it on GH on like medium(lulz) because timing and everything is always off a little

Maybe you suck at timing.
i have it i suck at it, it hasnt improved my playing, i dont think its possible to improve your playing, i played before it,its fun nothing wrong with it and i like the fact that it exposes younger generations to older classics
1. i was playing guitar before guitar hero
2. surprisingly it has
3. yes
4. fun to play, but as stated earlier, will never come before the real thing

guitar hero is good for getting me into new bands, though.
I think playing it is good.
I guess its good for a finger work-out which means i dont have to practice those damn finger building scales on the guitar (real guitar)
First off guitar hero kick started my guitar playing. if it wasn't for that i would have never gotten a guitar. Being able to play guitar is probably my favorite thing to do. When i'm not doing school work or when i'm out. I just jam until my fingers hurt. Second when i first started playing which was in march of 2008 i sat down played, i could play fairly decent songs like panama and **** like that. However when ever i stand up, i play like crap. So when if i play like crap i just get frustrated and do something else. So this is where guitar hero helped me. Every time i played guitar hero i stood up to play to increase my finger strength and my postioning. Then i slowly intigrated that in the guitar. Now im able play the same or if not better standing up. Second i love to play songs on guitar hero. It may be only 5 buttons but is still fun to play with a couple of friends

I know that guitar is 200 times more difficult then guitar hero. And people who play guitar hero think their better than actual guitarist, but if it weren't for neversoft or who ever made it. I wouldn't be jamming right now. ha

Cheers

Tyee
Last edited by -TyEe- at Dec 19, 2008,
Quote by Metallica_Man55

guitar hero is good for getting me into new bands, though.

This is why I hate Guitar Hero. Sure it tells you new bands, but that just means more people will like ONE song by that band. Same goes with Rock Band. Noobs are like, "Hey man I freaking love BTBAM!!! Prequel to the Sequel is teh br00tlz!!!" When in reality they aren't a fan, they just like one song. Music simulation games create more posers in the world.
Music stores are selling more electric guitars than ever in history, but when most find out how hard real guitar is, they give it up and it goes into the closet forever. If you want to really get something out of Rock Band...play the drum part.
Last edited by Tempoe at Dec 19, 2008,
1. not me
2. yeah, gave me some speed with the fingers, but not a big deal
3. yes
4. I like it, it's fun to play with friends, and to telestar, I started hearing some new band because of GH, the song on guitar hero made me want to hear more songs
1. I played real guitar first
2. Sped up my fingers a bit
3. Yes
4. I like it.....it's fun to play when I'm not playing real guitar.
My Albums

TALKING LIKE A JERK EXCEPT
YOU ARE AN ACTUAL JERK
AND LIVING PROOF THAT

SOMETIMES FRIENDS ARE MEAN

last.fm
tumblr
I can play some of the songs on a real guitar that i cant even finish on expert.

I think the players should have their fun. It hasnt improved my skills any...but
it has gotten me into playing some of the songs on that i wouldnt have thought of.
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett
Quote by Telestar
This is why I hate Guitar Hero. Sure it tells you new bands, but that just means more people will like ONE song by that band. Same goes with Rock Band. Noobs are like, "Hey man I freaking love BTBAM!!! Prequel to the Sequel is teh br00tlz!!!" When in reality they aren't a fan, they just like one song. Music simulation games create more posers in the world.

You hate a whole videogame just because of a few idiot fans? That seems a bit biased...

1.Yes, this game was my main source of inspiration for playing guitar
2. It taught me finger independence and coordination, so in a way yes.
3. I'm a huge nerd when it comes to these games. I have all GH and RB games except for RB Ac/dc, and the DS GH games.
4. It is great at inspiring people to learn an instrument, and introduces people to new music. It's also very fun to play when I don't feel like playing guitar.

I don't understand the haters. These games are inspiring people to be musicians. Yes, there will always be the person that picks up an instrument for a few months and never plays it again, but there are many people like me who were turned on to music through these games, still playing instruments, and music is now a huge part of my life. How is that bad?
Quote by bowlerhatlizard
3. do you have the game?

No, No way lol, yes, I like it.
To me Guitar Hero is amazing to elevate the guitar player image. Not many people fly, thus we have flight simulators; not many people can play sports at a professional level, and thus we have FIFA 09. Guitar Hero just make guitar playing look like flying an F-18 or trading passes with Ronaldinho and you know what, that's great. For people who believe that attaining any decent skill at guitar is just as beyond them as becoming a professional football star they don't deserve to play guitar anyway. But for the people who did manage to break past that mental block, the tormenting task of going from playing an F Barre to nailing paganini's caprice it's a deserved tribute. I'm not an egotist but when I see people playing Guitar Hero I feel good about myself. Lol. And quite honestly I feel good about my guitar heros and that people who don't play guitar can appreciate the sheer technical brilliance of what they do and, to a certain extent, what we do.
Quote by bowlerhatlizard
3. do you have the game?

I hate the negative attitude towards this game.

1. Yes, it has. I know many people who play guitar (or are atleast into guitar-driven music) because of GH. I know girls who loved pop who are now into Metallica and Black Sabbath. Black freakin Sabbath! All because of GH!
2. I don't own it, but I think that it encourages a good sense of rhythm.
3. No, I suck at it and would personally rather play guitar.
4. All the detractors should lighten up! Guitar Hero is to real guitar as Rock N Roll Fantasy Camp is to a real rock tour! It's just a fun thing! I also think it brings a closer connection to the music of a band. When I learn a song on guitar I understand and appreciate the song more. With Guitar Hero, people play the songs of their favorite bands and feel closer to the music (sometimes). In a world where the value of music is 99 cents and music is just background noise, this is a fantastic thing.
No, no, no to the first 3.
4) If it inspires a few people to pick up a real guitar that otherwise might not, then it's a good thing.
Nothing against GH or Rock Band, since I find them both fairly entertaining, but I think this is more of a Pit thing.

*Closed*
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out