I'm not a great tapper in terms of moving around a lot, but i can get a very clear tapping sound out of my boss ds-1 (which will be replaced), and even decent with my tubescreamer but cant get anything out of the big muff...it sounds as if the tone is getting sucked in and compressed like crazy and has no harmonics....I get this dead type sucked in sound sometimes when i play two bass notes together....any suggestions? I thought it might be my compressor, but it doesnt make a difference, if anything it helps. I'm prob gettin a crunch box to replace any high gain needs, but im curious
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
Nice thread title.

Other than that, I have no reasonable suggestions for you, sorry.
Quote by FbSa
Back in the 70's I decided to take all the frets off Jaco's Bass thinking he would play worse. Man did that backfire.

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']FUCK YES.

GSAWS, I LOVE YOU.
^ +1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ +1

+2
in fairness, the big muff isn't intended for that kind of thing at all. it does big, nasty, pumping, compressed, filthy fuzz, not a "tapping" tone at all. your just using the wrong pedal for the job.
Isn't tapping more affiliated with gain/boost, whereas a fuzz is a dist/compression? Maybe if it was a metal muff.... Anyhow, I'm not much of a tapper.
Fender Telecaster Deluxe MZ7006924
Crybaby 535Q
BOSS SD-1
ZVex Box of Rock
MXR 10-Band EQ
Ernie Ball VR Jr.
EHX The Clone Theory
Line6 ToneCore Echo Park
Fender Blues Jr.

Don't be sad, I know you will.
The muff is a very compressed, smooth fuzz. Tapping isn't going to work well with it.
kk haha that's what i figured, thats what im gettin the crunch box for, cause the ds-1 is so damn noisy.... and I just read the title, you guys are all sick bastards haha
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
Quote by nemjeff13
kk haha that's what i figured, thats what im gettin the crunch box for, cause the ds-1 is so damn noisy.... and I just read the title, you guys are all sick bastards haha
You should see the pit.
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.