I've been playing for a bit over 2 years, and I made the mistake of not learning my theory well enough or fast enough. I've been trying to learn theory as well as study more scales and stuff, as I plan to try and make my own music.

I'm in sort of a rut here, guys.

I don't know where to start off! I have a teacher, and it helps, but I don't know how to organize this. I don't know where to start, or how to start. Keep in mind that I've already nailed a few things when it comes to scales and theory, but I want more knowledge.

What do I do?
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
Quote by Phat Stud 55
Start with chords and major and minor scales.

But explain to me what I actually DO
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
Start simple; depending on where you are right now. Maybe start from just learning the names and sounds of all the intervals. Try to have a rough idea of all the notes of the fretboard and draw yourself a HUGE piano keyboard and stick on a wall in your room. After intervals, learn your simple major and minor scales after which you should start learning your basic triad harmony building a chord on each note of the scale. All the time using your ears learning the sound of everything you learn a name for.