I've noticed that I hold the pick with my thumb, index and middle finger. Is this a flawed way of doing it, will it give me problems later on when I get better at guitar?
When you need accuracy and speed it will become a problem since most hold it close to the tip with their pointer finger and thumb. Otherwise different people have different styles and it wont be super decremental. I say learn to do both personally.
as long as it's comfortable, it really shouldn't
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
i don't know really. i would think that holding it with your middle finger in addition to the thumb and index would decrease your range of motion when picking. especially in fast songs like metal, etc.
^ True, thats why I say speed and precision, and metal is a perfect example. If your doing kinda laid back chord-sy stuff it really wont be bad. I believe it also doesn't give as much as a uniform sound with every strum/pick. Again, less accurate.
Quote by bwalter32
i don't know really. i would think that holding it with your middle finger in addition to the thumb and index would decrease your range of motion when picking. especially in fast songs like metal, etc.

James Hetfield disagrees.

Either way, I would say the main reason to stick with the two finger grip is so your middle (or index if you're so inclined) is free to tap without changing your grip.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I thought it was just me that picked up this strange habit and I posted the very same question a long time ago. Turns out I pobably wasn't the first and seeing as I've just replied to another post with this same question it looks like I wasn't the last!

My advice is definitely learn to hold it with 2 fingers. I have found it far more acurate and feel my playing has improved imensely since I switched. Going back to holding it with 3 fingers now seems weird.

However I do sometimes use 3 to hold it when strumming as I can hold it looser, yet still keep a hold of it.
i just use my thumb and my index finger.
Quote by megadeth rule
how do you trip on acid? was your shoelace untied?

Quote by perry589
Mikko, you remind me of a clogged up toilet. You're the poo that won't go away.
Well using ur middle finger would reduce ur accuracy in the more harder songs
but if ur comfortable with ur style then u should stick to it.
but if ur comfortable with ur style then u should stick to it.

Your style is flawed and you should change. All this 'comfort' stuff will hold you back: when I first played guitar I only wanted to use one finger for fretting. You might sound like balls while you get used to something new, but no pain no gain.
Quote by 6abarbar
Well using ur middle finger would reduce ur accuracy in the more harder songs

If I may steal Zap's line here for a second...

Edward Van Halen disagrees

Sorry if I might sound like a d!ck here...

It's more difficult, not more harder OR harder. Just not more harder.
On that note...

I use my pick the same way, but I purchased a heavy and much larger triangular pick for better grip. Might be worth considering if you're intent on playing that way.