So I bought a Dean Razorback today and it is near impossible to tune. I tuned each string down half a step, I tuned each one perfectly before moving onto the next and by the time I had finished the last string, the other had tuned them selves back up to standard.
Also after about half an hour of tuning AND fine tuning, I find the strings drop out of tune pretty fast.
WTF is up with it?
Main Gear:

ESP Eclipse CTM I
Dean 'Shards' Razorback
Chapman Guitars ML-1
Ibanez AEL40SE Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Stack
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Small Clone
Well for one its a razorback
btw, was this set up before you bought it?
Quote by Td_Nights
*Points to Above Poster*

Best. Username. Ever.

Quote by _-Joey-_
I wish I was gay...

PSN- td_rules Steam- tdrules
did you adjust the springs in the back of it?
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
Quote by FightinIrishPJ
did you adjust the springs in the back of it?

No, How do I do that?
Main Gear:

ESP Eclipse CTM I
Dean 'Shards' Razorback
Chapman Guitars ML-1
Ibanez AEL40SE Acoustic
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Small Clone
does it have a locking nut?
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
i love me some bunnys

--> --> --> -->

Anybody up for a WookieCore Band? You let me know.

Watch me as i Rock on...
Quote by Raiderkid38
does it have a locking nut?

Yes.
Main Gear:

ESP Eclipse CTM I
Dean 'Shards' Razorback
Chapman Guitars ML-1
Ibanez AEL40SE Acoustic
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Small Clone
Welcome to the world of a floating trem. Take the back plate off like every professional does and get a philips screwdriver in your guitar case.
with a floyd rose you cant change the tuning without having to tighten/loosen the springs under the back cover.
Gear:

Ibanez RGT42DX
Boss MT-2
I'm so glad I dont have a Floyd Rose...
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
There are people in this world who don't feel it necessary to vomit sunshine 24 hours a day. I'm one of them.

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
go and get the whole guitar set up tweak the neck the floyd the springs everything get it done professionally. then tune it to ur liking and it'll stay in any tuning. I've had a japanese floyd rose knock off stay in tune from drop c all the way to john rzeznik tuning and back again and soon as its locked and fine tuned i never have ne major problems with tunings its just a set up issue that most floyd rose (originals and knock offs) come with at first there never set from the factory or at the store unless someones gunning for employee of the month
Quote by JustinT80
with a floyd rose you cant change the tuning without having to tighten/loosen the springs under the back cover.

actually since theres a locking nut it doesnt matter if the locks arent put on or taken off. if their tightened after tuning it should stay pretty well. at least thats how mine works.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
i love me some bunnys

--> --> --> -->

Anybody up for a WookieCore Band? You let me know.

Watch me as i Rock on...
Quote by TehMasterSword
I'm so glad I dont have a Floyd Rose...

HUH? is there any other?
I like how people immediately jump to the fact it's a Dean. I found that humorous...
For the record my Razorback hasn't had any problems since the day I bought it

Follow the guide posted above and you should get your Floyd Rose thing straigtened out. Next to Jackson's take on the Floyd and the Schaller LFR, the Grover LFR in the Deans are the third best one out there.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Quote by _Kramer_
HUH? is there any other?

If you mean is there any other tremelo system, Then yes theres lots. But i think what he was sayin is hes glad he doesnt have a floating trem.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by biga29
If you mean is there any other tremelo system, Then yes theres lots. But i think what he was sayin is hes glad he doesnt have a floating trem.

They are all based off Floyd Rose! Floyd himself developed this and Kramer ran with it in 1980. This is why every other has "Licensed by" on it. There are many variants such as 85 USA Hamers trems but all are based on that same concept.

just for your info.
Quote by _Kramer_
They are all based off Floyd Rose! Floyd himself developed this and Kramer ran with it in 1980. This is why every other has "Licensed by" on it. There are many variants such as 85 USA Hamers trems but all are based on that same concept.

just for your info.

Actually Mr. Rose didn't have to license out his patents on his design. He did this to make some cash, and boy did it work. Finally when his patents expired the first time, he renewed them and dropped the prices on his OFR to where the rest of the market had to drop their prices accordingly.

And there's other takes on the floating trem. Kahler, all those damn Ibanez trems, etc
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Quote by _Kramer_

just for your info.

Bigsby
Fender Trem
Stetsbar
Kahler
Wilkinson trem

off the top of my head, 5 trems that aren't based off of the floyd rose in any way.
Floating Trems always seem to cause problems, except on Steinbergers!!!

But yeah, dont expect to be changing tunings every day with a guitar like that. It's gonna go in one tuning, and stay there.