depends on what you want to play. I would think JB's are for metal, but I could be 100% wrong on that.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
im getting a super distortion s for christmas for the bridge spot in my strat for metal, so that would be my pick
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
In a race? The Seymour Duncan.
In a fight? The DiMarzio.
Making pancakes? Pretty equal.

The DiMarzio's have more of an edge to them, the SD are smoother. Both are great pickups, but the Super Distortion is what I use.
JB could be a little harsh in the wrong guitar. both pickups are great though and it would all boil down to your genre. both can do heavy stuff but the Dimarzio SD would be better in that range.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Quote by LocalDealer14
how would the JB react in a fender jaguar?

for what genre?
why only the JB and Super Distortion? there are a lot of other pickups like the TB-11 Custom Custom. the JB would be fine but a little trebly.
^The DiMarzio has way more harmonics and clarity, if anything.

Quote by LocalDealer14
mostly hard rock and altenative. very few metal.

JB+Jaguar=Kurt Cobain
If you're looking for alternative, you'd be there. I daresay they're both equally good for hard rock, though.

Also, it doesn't begin and end with the JB and SD; give us more specifics on the kind of tone you want and what amp you're using and we can give you reccomendations on something that may better suit your needs.
i use a Fender FM 212r solid state (crap). i use Distortion pedals and Overdrive pedals for a heavy based tone.
If your amp is crap, pickups won't make a big enough difference to be worth the money. Save the money up for a new amp.
Quote by Rock Pig
^The DiMarzio has way more harmonics and clarity, if anything.

JB+Jaguar=Kurt Cobain
If you're looking for alternative, you'd be there. I daresay they're both equally good for hard rock, though.

Also, it doesn't begin and end with the JB and SD; give us more specifics on the kind of tone you want and what amp you're using and we can give you reccomendations on something that may better suit your needs.

+1

The DiMarzio gives you the metal sound of the 80's has lots of cut and bite and is exceptionally clear with great harmonics. The JB has more of a vintage vibe to is. It's got a thicker tone with less high end bite and low end definition. Both can do metal but they do different types of metal.
Not taking any online orders.
Quote by CorduroyEW
+1

The DiMarzio gives you the metal sound of the 80's has lots of cut and bite and is exceptionally clear with great harmonics. The JB has more of a vintage vibe to is. It's got a thicker tone with less high end bite and low end definition. Both can do metal but they do different types of metal.

Hey cord, what do you think of the Duncan SH-6?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
^depends on what you want to play. It's a good if you are looking for clear, lead, high output tone.
Not taking any online orders.
well ill be putting a Dimarzio Super Distortion in my bridge, eventually

but thats because i have a maple top, rosewoof fretboard, and a basswood body, not because dimarzio is da shiznat

if it was mahagony and nothing else, i think i would throw in the JB
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by CorduroyEW
^depends on what you want to play. It's a good if you are looking for clear, lead, high output tone.

Sounds perfect for me then.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.