When playing, my amp would make a loud buzzing sound (like when you miss the jack and it touches the metal) so I decided to stop playing.

While pulling out the cord the output jack pieces came off. (They look like a circle and a hexagon with a circle inscribed.)

My common sense told me 2 just put them back on, but that wont fix the looseness and I have no idea which goes on first. Help?

P.S. Its an epiphone if that matters.
Me's Stuff!
Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Unknown (Cheap Brand) Fender Stratocaster

Amps:
Esteban G-10
Dean Marley GT-1000T (Less than 5 inchs tall)
Peavey Vypyr 15W

does it look like this?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
My advice is take it to a tech at your local music shop ive had similar expiriences like this and tried home repairs usually just ****s the problem up worse.
It looks like the outside part of that came off. I havent unscrewed the output jack or anything yet.

Me's Stuff!
Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul 100

Amps:
Esteban G-10
Peavey Vypyr 15W
if that nut just came off, unscrew the whole jack and screw it back on.. easy fix
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
Quote by FightinIrishPJ
if that nut just came off, unscrew the whole jack and screw it back on.. easy fix

Theres still the issue that the jack is woobly and loose, how do I fix that?
Me's Stuff!
Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul 100

Amps:
Esteban G-10
Peavey Vypyr 15W
ok well take the jack off the guitar.

once open, push the little threaded part thru the plate and put the nut back on.

holding the back of the jack at the same time, tighten the nut.

add a locking washer or a dab of clead nail polish on the threads to help prevent a replay of this.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Quote by jj1565
ok well take the jack off the guitar.

once open, push the little threaded part thru the plate and put the nut back on.

holding the back of the jack at the same time, tighten the nut.

add a locking washer or a dab of clead nail polish on the threads to help prevent a replay of this.

yup
I'll try that. It feels like someone really didnt want this output jack to come out, time 4 heavy duty screwdrivers.
Me's Stuff!
Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul 100

Amps:
Esteban G-10
Peavey Vypyr 15W
odd. well try not to rip off the wires.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Anyway you can post a pic? Did you hit the plug on the cord against anything you might have actually broke the jack itself.

John
yeah i think he's trying to get the jack out.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

^well not really. he pointed to and described the nut that holds the jack in place.

to me it sounds like he's already solved the problem.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62