this is, from everything i've ever written or recorded, the first thing i like, recorded with a $2 mic into adobe audition

C4C

it's the only song in my profile
Sounds really good. Five stars! (I've already rated it on your profile, but I'll say here too )
Quote by Echoplex
That's pretty cool, but you spelled "composition" wrong.

nope, that's the way you spell it in spanish

and thank both for your comments
First the bad:

* The guitar that plays the chords is out of tune. Probably only one string, but I can't tell which. Maybe it's the intonation that's off.
* The first two parts where the trumpets come in are either not in the same key or way too high. It clashes with the guitars.
* Where the melody livens up, with the heavier strumming and piano solo, the two are not always in accord. Each strum, the piano should play a note in the same chord as the strum. It's mostly ok, but on some strums it's not. This is probably the least issue.
* The last piano note should be an A to be music-technically correct. But... whatever...

Now the good:

I like the way you mix instruments with very different colors. The trumpets would've been excellent if they were in key and in tune, but I salute the attempt. You've got the right feeling when improvising over the guitar chords. The guitars are maybe a tad too loud when the piano first comes in, but given your equipment, it's still very good. Ending with the piano is a great idea. It reminds me of Faith No More's Epic.

For a first recording, I'd say this is promising. Post some more when you have a chance, please.
Last edited by Withakay at Dec 24, 2008,
Quote by Withakay
First the bad:

* The guitar that plays the chords is out of tune. Probably only one string, but I can't tell which. Maybe it's the intonation that's off.
* The first two parts where the trumpets come in are either not in the same key or way too high. It clashes with the guitars.
* Where the melody livens up, with the heavier strumming and piano solo, the two are not always in accord. Each strum, the piano should play a note in the same chord as the strum. It's mostly ok, but on some strums it's not. This is probably the least issue.
* The last piano note should be an A to be music-technically correct. But... whatever...

Now the good:

I like the way you mix instruments with very different colors. The trumpets would've been excellent if they were in key and in tune, but I salute the attempt. You've got the right feeling when improvising over the guitar chords. The guitars are maybe a tad too loud when the piano first comes in, but given your equipment, it's still very good. Ending with the piano is a great idea. It reminds me of Faith No More's Epic.

For a first recording, I'd say this is promising. Post some more when you have a chance, please.

i don't seem to find the tuning issues on the guitar... but meh... that's not the point

yes... the trumpets are out of tune, i recorded the trumpets back when i wasn't to disciplined with trumpet

yeah... i hate the piano issue, i would love to make it sound warmer and louder but i just couldn't

thank's for your critic
Quote by Withakay

about that... i just didn't wanted to finish in the root, i decided to finish it in the 5th