im stuck between two amps the Bugera 333XL head and a used crate blue voodoo 60w head. im into metal like as i lay dying, august burns red, knights of the abyss.. help me make a decision.. thanks
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
schecter Damian 6 string
Jackson Dinky Dk2
Peavey 6505+
B-52 At212
the distortion isnt too my taste anymore. im looking for something better..
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
schecter Damian 6 string
Jackson Dinky Dk2
Peavey 6505+
B-52 At212
Well I cant stand Blue Voodoo's, my opinion they sound horrible. And Bugera's are nice but have reliablity issues. For the bands your playing why not get a used 5150 which trumps both of them?
to be honest ive tried the 6505 + many times and i tried liking it but it just sounds like poo
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
schecter Damian 6 string
Jackson Dinky Dk2
Peavey 6505+
B-52 At212
Quote by krazydrummer
to be honest ive tried the 6505 + many times and i tried liking it but it just sounds like poo

But yet you liked the tone out of a Blue Voodoo you a weird man sir....

What did you have the gain set at and how loud did you get the 6505+ too. Also what cab?
Quote by forsaknazrael

Why don't you make your next amp a bigger invesment, and save up some more? You'll get into higher end amps like Krank or Splawn.

krank is what As I Lay Dying used on their last album I beleve
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
i had the gain on the voodoo at 3 o clock.

and i have to play them quiet because the two places i look at had the peavey amp hooked on a full stack and its loud at bearly risen volume.... that could be why.. and the 6505+ had its respectible cab:P does the tone change by alot when you raise it?
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
schecter Damian 6 string
Jackson Dinky Dk2
Peavey 6505+
B-52 At212
Last edited by krazydrummer at Dec 19, 2008,
Quote by krazydrummer

Are you saying it sounds worse than the Blue Voodoo?
at low volume yes(even though it has a SS distortion sounding to it..), i know that amps sound better when cranked but does it change the tone and everything in general ALOT?
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
schecter Damian 6 string
Jackson Dinky Dk2
Peavey 6505+
B-52 At212
The Bugeras sound decent but they aren't just a plug and play amp you have to go through and do the finishing work on them and make sure that nothing is loose and biased correctly before you use it.

If you are willing and able to check it over and maintain it then get it if that's the sound you are looking for. If not save the money and by something that will be less of a hassle.
Quote by krazydrummer
at low volume yes(even though it has a SS distortion sounding to it..), i know that amps sound better when cranked but does it change the tone and everything in general ALOT?

Oh yes, at higher volumes everything is more noticeable.
However I heard some 6505's don't quite cut it too will, specially the +.
But one's I have played are fine.
Quote by krazydrummer

that doesnt make much sense, the 6505 is one of THE amps for modern metal. did you have your gain above 4? cuz if so, theres no wonder it sounded crappy
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.