Hey I made this really cool version of the solo to Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana. I was getting tired of playing the boring version on the real song (I'm not saying it's a boring solo entirely, I'm saying it gets old when you play it a lot).
What you do it play the solo but just hold down your fretting hand on the frets and tap with your strumming hand on the fret of the same string but 5 frets higher. Tap fast and it sounds really cool. When it comes to bends I slowly bend then move the tap up a fret each half step so i end up going up two frets then coming back down (since you can't tap a bend) or you can ignore bends and just play the fret 2 higher anyway.
For the end of the solo I can't it to sound right how I explained above but you can improvise and you'll be fine.
Tell me your opinions on this.
your gunna have to record it before i can make an opinion
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
Throwing your guitar out of a moving speedboat would be a cooler sounding version of Smells Like Teen Spirit.
My microphone isn't working too well so I guarantee it will be full of feedback! I can though. I haven't "mastered" it completely since i just thought of it and im no pro so dont be harsh. I'll post back when its done.
Quote by SeveralSpecies
Throwing your guitar out of a moving speedboat would be a cooler sounding version of Smells Like Teen Spirit.

That's not funny at all.

Actually I would have to say jumping out of a speedboat while playing it and then playing it in the water would sound cooler. Sounds like something Kurt or Krist would do.
you can tap during a bend... i do it... i even: bend, tap, bend-even-more-with-the-finger-i-tapped-with
Quote by randomhero93
you can tap during a bend... i do it... i even: bend, tap, bend-even-more-with-the-finger-i-tapped-with

But I had you tap 5 frets ahead for each note, so then it sounds off, because your tapping the same tone when you're fretting many different tones.
*facepalms*
Idiot.
You think you're a guitar genius for tapping and using legato slides and taking all the feeling away from the bends.

Go away.

Awful solo regardless.

*reported*
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0