Alright, so I figured, "Why the hell NOT rely on The Pit for technical support?" :P

So you all probably know the "looknohands" chord house site, this if you don't http://www.looknohands.com/chordhouse/guitar/index_db.html

Well with Firefox 3 and ONLY with version 3, the newest version they've crammed down everyones throats, that site doesn't work anymore. Everything works fine until I try to play a chord sound. The animation on the speaker runs but nothing plays, and when I try to download the sound, it downloads as a .pl file....which opens in Notepad or something....
Now, desperate times call for desperate measures, so I opened Internet Explorer for the first time in years (It made a creaking noise) and went there, and everything worked fine so I know its the newest version of FF thats the problem. When I downloaded with IE it saved the sound as a .mid file instead of the .pl file, which is good.

I have no problem with any other mid or midi things in Firefox though so its weird...

I tried restarting and uninstalling FF and all that.
Can someone in the pit help me with this problem? I really want to be able to keep using Firefox with this but nowhere seems to have the solution. Anyone else got the same problem?
works fine for me and firefox just updated for me today, had to turn up the volume though
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
... Worked fine for me. .pl is a common extension for Perl scripts, so I think was a site issue, not a web browser issue.
METAR KTIK 040043Z COR RMK TORNADO 1W MOV NE. EVACUATING STATION
So it's not for everyone but I still gotta get it working....wait maybe this greasemonkey thing can help??
Quote by captaincrunk
i doubt it because IE didn't open as .pl
Neither did my version of Firefox 3.
METAR KTIK 040043Z COR RMK TORNADO 1W MOV NE. EVACUATING STATION
Oh yeah and when I go into page info in firefox and scroll all the way down the list of media on the page, the one embedded thing, the mid, appears grayed out if that helps.