Hey everyone, i'm planning on making my own build soon after christmas. I'll be using my schools shop tools and christmas/saved money to buy the parts (250-350$). Right now im looking for any ideas relationg to what i should do, and what parts to put into it. Right now I'm thinking of being maybe the (only?) person with a HHH strat ... I really have no clue what to do right now... (BTW, this is first ever build, exept for maybe switching out a neck on an old guitar).
I has sigs

Quote by COBGage
If Dimebag can't take a few bullets to the head how's he gonna be able to take a full on Kamehameha?
I'm not entirely sure how well and HHH strat would work, but if you do do that, make sure to put in a coil split, that way you can have a large amount of variability in the tone
Supreme Commander Of The Lolcats Of the UG Army

And that guy, who had that idea, one time

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SIMIAN σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
HHH was just a suggestion, i was thinking it'd be unique. any ideas?
I has sigs

Quote by COBGage
If Dimebag can't take a few bullets to the head how's he gonna be able to take a full on Kamehameha?
yeah, unique and awesome
If you had coil split like already said you would have what 11 (?) different sounds possible if you had a 5 way switch
If it were me, I'd leave the pickups uncovered. I love the white/gold look, but the fact that the pickup cover holes are assymetrical would bother me rediculously.
kay, so the HHH idea is good, any ideas for where to buy the wood? parts, pups and everything? (i was thinking of ordering the body because i dont feel comfortable with making my own just yet).
I has sigs

Quote by COBGage
find the wood you want and buy body blanks of that wood or go to a lumberyard and buy some, its the cheapest way
and you should try neckthrough in reality it seems like you just need to glue multiple peices of wood together for the center, then you just cut your wings and add them.... just an idea
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.
3 coil split humbuckers? damn, sounds like some confusing wiring to me!

either way i think it would look sexy, if it was like the white and cold one above.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
yeah i was thinking that, white body, gold hardware, i'm not gonna put a FR in it, too much trouble... 5 way selector, a volume and a tone for each pup (gonna look like a computer with all those knobs :P )... i was thinking MAYBE just buying a chunk of alder or something and making my own body, or just order a pre-made strat body and having a lil fun with that. any ideas for types of pickups/hardware options... i need to decide what kind of fretboard/neck also, keep giving ideas :P i like them
I has sigs

Quote by COBGage
Quote by divinorum69
I like the HHH, but I would do a super strat, somthing extreme, never seen before...
Like this for example:

It's an HHH Paulocaster!

Actually very similar to something I want to build someday. Weird specs for what I want to build, and maybe you could do this TS

Strat-style mahogany body w/ Koa top and arm countour (don't know the technical term) only
Rear routed
2 '72 Telecaster Deluxe style humbuckers
Gibson-style neck with a Fender headstock
Set neck
Ivory binding on body
Natural finish
Clear pickguard to show off the beautiful Koa

That's a budget deathwish. That would be cool to use 3 mini humbuckers like on a Gibson Firebird though.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
i was thinking using 3 full size buckers if they fit, think a black beauty les paul with a white strat body, set neck, and vol/tone for each pickup and 5 way selector :O .. i'll be in wiring hell. i was also thinking putting a tune-o-matic bridge on the strat body, maybe that would look nice?
I has sigs

Quote by COBGage
Maybe, but then you don't have a trem, but if you don't need one then I guess that isn't a big deal...

Dude! What about a Bigsby on a Strat!
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
wow, never thought of a bigsby... i've heard that the tuning gets gnarly with a bigsby though, worse than cheap floyds... good idea though!
I has sigs

Quote by COBGage
Quote by Natrone
Maybe, but then you don't have a trem, but if you don't need one then I guess that isn't a big deal...

Dude! What about a Bigsby on a Strat!

the bigsby would be dope!
right now im thinking of ordering a HSH body, and working from there... i can make the middle hole bigger for HHH, and add all the compartments i need for all the knobs n such, anybody have ideas for mid priced humbuckers? (nothing worth 200$ each, cause im not dumping that much in for a first build... but nothing cheapy either) all ideas are welcome!
I has sigs

Quote by COBGage
Quote by skaterkevin87
wow, never thought of a bigsby... i've heard that the tuning gets gnarly with a bigsby though, worse than cheap floyds... good idea though!

here's something I made a while ago:

For the pups, it depends on your playing style, seymour duncan is a good brand, but it's a bit expensive(like 75-100$ per pups).
Last edited by Sguit at Dec 20, 2008,
i play anything that relates to the metal and rock genre, im not going into sub-categories because people always start flaming then lol, but yeah, i was thinking seymours or DiMarzio's... but dim's are too expensive... seymours im okay with but anything more than 300-350$ total for the pickups forget it. keep the ideas coming
I has sigs

Quote by COBGage