Page 1 of 2
I'm watching TV and a commercial for something called The Handy Switch came on.
Basically it's a wireless light switch that you can stick it on the wall or do whatever you want with it.
But they were saying things lie "put it by your bed so you don't have to get up to turn the light off" or "put one upstairs so you don't have to go back downstairs" and even more stupidly "put one in your car so you can turn the lights on before you get inside".
Well Billy Mays, how are you gonna turn the light off if the switch is in your car? What's the point?!

Basically what I'm getting at is, and maybe it's only Americans, I'm disgusted at how lazy people are becoming. It's not hard to get up and turn a light off, you just sound pathetic.
I mean if it were for an elderly person who's confined to a bed it's one thing, but this commercial was showing it for every day people.

Anyone see any other similar commercials or disgusted by the laziness of people these days?
Quote by chrismacker

Well Billy Mays, how are you gonna turn the light off if the switch is in your car? What's the point?!

By using the light switch inside the house?
It's the world these days, get used to it.
Live Rig:
Ibanez Rg 150R w/ Duncan 59s
Marshall JCM2000 TSL60 Head
Mark IV Combo
Marshall 1960a Cab w/ Vintage 30s
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige w/ Duncan 59s
Jackson SLSMG Soloist
Currently in Ontario, Canada.

I don't think it's just the US...today I saw someone walking a dog.

The dog was tied to his car.
I know people who get the lift to the 1st or 2nd floor of a building. And I mean 20, 30 year olds.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Automatic Jar openers? They repulse me. The only reason jars are still used are so you can achieve that satisfying 'pop' after 30 mins of strenuous opening by hand!
Quote by mustaineNslash
i know this sounds stupid but...
wheres the sig button??

(sry)

I also am disgusted how lazy people are. I see no reason for that. If I wanted to turn on the lights in my car before I get home, thats cool but what happens when I want to turn it off? Do I have to go back to my car? Turn off the lights so you don't have get up when you go to sleep? How about turning off the lights before you get into bed.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Quote by aleb
The only reason jars are still used are so you can achieve that satisfying 'pop' after 30 mins of strenuous opening by hand!

Ah, the small comforts in life
🙈 🙉 🙊
dude thinking way to hard not tryuing to be mean but go have fun and stop worrying about other lazy idiots
We've had the clapper since before you were born, ya simp. What do you mean by, "getting lazy?"
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Next, well have robots that extract our **** from our anuses and deliver Macdonalds for us while we lay on the couch watching opera
(\/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny.
(")_(") ExtremeMetalFTW donated these ears
Notice something wrong? Yea, me too
| |
[ ]
Last edited by Siege of Power at Dec 19, 2008,
Yea, fuck light switches.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Billie mays says product is good then product is good
Gear:
Ibanez RG7
Epiphone lp100

Peavey Vypyr 30w
Sanpera II pedal

mxr phase 100
Classic Crybaby Wah
Quote by entity0009
Ah, the small comforts in life

Indeed
Quote by mustaineNslash
i know this sounds stupid but...
wheres the sig button??

(sry)

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Yea, fuck light switches.

I agree. There's no variety, you can only get on or off. I like light dimmers much better for so many reasons.

Actually, I also like pull string lights. I dunno what it is about them, but I used to have one in my bed room and I loved it. I think it's because I turned it into a noose and hung my Bullwinkle doll from it.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Quote by MeanMr. Mustard
Billie mays says product is good then product is good

I read that in a Native American voice and got a chuckle out of it.

Edit: ^ Yea, if you're trying to get laid with a girl, you want a dim light. How can you have a dim light if the choice is off/on?

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
It is kinda gross how lazy people are, but I still would probably get one.. haha
How exactly would that light switch be connected to the light? I can't really see how it would remotely affect the circuit.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
I read that in a Native American voice and got a chuckle out of it.

Edit: ^ Yea, if you're trying to get laid with a girl, you want a dim light. How can you have a dim light if the choice is off/on?

It makes me wary of the product since Indians sold something very valuable for practically nothing.

Also, you're thinking of this in terms of Australian girls, James. In America, you want the light switch off. At least, I imagine my brother would.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill
It makes me wary of the product since Indians sold something very valuable for practically nothing.

Edit: But the girls I've seen that epitomise America are beautiful and open-minded? Are you telling me that isn't the case?

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by AllTimeNewbie

Zing!
its just the way we are
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.
It actually sounds pretty cool to me.
Quote by NGD1313
Well I don't know about solos but how about that Smoke on the Water riff. It's like...impossible.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

I'm Jake. I'm a musician, philosopher, and exhibitionist.
this has possibilities
somehow attach it to your neighbours lights
and **** with em

That is the only fun i see in this product
Quote by Zero-Hartman

Edit: But the girls I've seen that epitomise America are beautiful and open-minded? Are you telling me that isn't the case?

There are many attractive American women. But since TS wants to go on about how lazy we are, I think I need to imply that we're all fat and lazy. But in reality, that stereotype applies to my brother's girlfriend, I want her dead. The only difference would be that when they have sex, she'd be a little colder.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by AllTimeNewbie

The light is connected to only one switch... only 1

but yeah, I agree. I'm pretty sick with how stupid and lazy my fellow Americans are.
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Meh, lightswitches are a lazy invention in the first place. Back in the old days, they used to just smash a light if they wanted to turn it off.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by LazyLatinoRocke
I also am disgusted how lazy people are. I see no reason for that. If I wanted to turn on the lights in my car before I get home, thats cool but what happens when I want to turn it off? Do I have to go back to my car? Turn off the lights so you don't have get up when you go to sleep? How about turning off the lights before you get into bed.

if you hate lazy people then why is your username LazyLatinoRocke?
Quote by severed-metal
These don't sound like very good ambitions when driving...Judas Priest makes people want to go 200 mph, and Realm of Chaos is now an album for ramming shit. You are dangerous, dangerous people.

last.fm
Quote by break-me-in
Meh, lightswitches are a lazy invention in the first place. Back in the old days, they used to just smash a light if they wanted to turn it off.

made me lol a little
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Quote by break-me-in

I think I've just stumbled upon the real reason Europeans hate us having guns. You're jealous that we can just shoot our lightbulbs out from a distance. And we do, baby.
Quote by sg_man08
if you hate lazy people then why is your username LazyLatinoRocke?

He hates lazy white people. I completely agree. They steal our culture and then don't want us in the country.
Quote by vintage x metal

I do indeed want one.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I think I've just stumbled upon the real reason Europeans hate us having guns. You're jealous that we can just shoot our lightbulbs out from a distance. And we do, baby.

Nah, British lightbulbs are connected to our souls, so when we want them to go out, we just drink ourselves into an early grave.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by Jack Off Jill
There are many attractive American women. But since TS wants to go on about how lazy we are, I think I need to imply that we're all fat and lazy. But in reality, that stereotype applies to my brother's girlfriend, I want her dead. The only difference would be that when they have sex, she'd be a little colder.

Ah, that old bag of nuts. Fair enough, your brother sounds like a lucky guy.

She'll be saving energy though, and that's cool

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Link for anyone who gives a ****

I think the TS is overreacting a bit. It's just one of the millions of useless **** that gets sold on TV after midnight. Doesn't really dictate the laziness of a country.
Quote by break-me-in
Nah, British lightbulbs are connected to our souls, so when we want them to go out, we just drink ourselves into an early grave.

I feel really fortunate to live in a country where I can buy a hand gun at the exact second it becomes legal for me to be drunk. Only three months to go.. then vigilante justice will be mine.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill
I agree. There's no variety, you can only get on or off. I like light dimmers much better for so many reasons.

Dimmers = Win. I have one in my bedroom. Same in the parents' one.
Quote by ctb
Dimmers = Win. I have one in my bedroom. Same in the parents' one.

That dimmer in your parents room may have been integral in your creation. I can see why you like them.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill
I feel really fortunate to live in a country where I can buy a hand gun at the exact second it becomes legal for me to be drunk. Only three months to go.. then vigilante justice will be mine.

I feel really fortunate to be in a country that has taught me that anything can be a weapon, if correctly applied. It's really helped me develop my creativity.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by break-me-in
I feel really fortunate to be in a country that has taught me that anything can be a weapon, if correctly applied. It's really helped me develop my creativity.

*Goes back to rewriting Beatles songs*
Quote by vintage x metal

Page 1 of 2