does anyone out there know how to scream and know some good videos on youtube for learning how to develop it?
Be still my heart, I hear your back cracking...

...sounds like music to me
What kind of screaming are we talking about? Fry, Inhale, False chord, Death chord. What? if you don't know the diffrence it's pretty much what kinda music you scream.
I know there's a few good lessons on youtube if you look for "Screaming Lessons".

I also believe that there's a thread on this somewhere... Sorry, I'd link you if I wasn't drunk.
I can scream.

Whether or not I will teach you, debatable.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

My friend has some account called HowToScream. Maybe you could Youtube that and some stuff will come up.
Yes, HowToScream is a very good channel I was gonna recomend it. Also some name like Austin then a bunch of random numbers is pretty good too.

Edit: it's austin29803
Go here:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=275389&highlight=growling

The title says growling but it's basically about all kinds of harsh vocals, the guys there are great; just ask away.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by valennic
I can scream.

Whether or not I will teach you, debatable.

what if he gives you all of his money and sleeps with you hmmmm?
Ok thanks, I searched "Singing screams, Exhale screaming" and a couple others, but nothin came up.
Quote by I.O.T.M
Taking the piss out of Americans is like bullying retards, it's unashamedly one-sided but extremely gratifying.
Quote by dminishedthingy
Just push from your diaphragm.
VOILA!

I've been trying that, but my lows fall apart, my highs just rip
Quote by I.O.T.M
Taking the piss out of Americans is like bullying retards, it's unashamedly one-sided but extremely gratifying.
Quote by dminishedthingy
Just push from your diaphragm.
VOILA!

Dont push.

Simple. Do. Not. Push.

Quote by Cheesemaster
what if he gives you all of his money and sleeps with you hmmmm?

I'd take the money, he can give the sex to my sister

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by valennic
Dont push.

Simple. Do. Not. Push.

Well then how the fuck to you expect to growl?
Unless you're doing some shit vocal fry...
Quote by dminishedthingy
Well then how the fuck to you expect to growl?
Unless you're doing some shit vocal fry...

Did you listen to the scream in my profile? If you havent, give it a listen.

No pushing. At all, through the whole thing. It's just like singing.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Nah, my flash player doesn't work, but what technique do you use?
I've always just stuck with good ol' power exhale.
Quote by boreamor
I have never understood screaming. I really want to be able to do it because I really can't sing.

people who can't sing generally can't scream well. proper screaming is done using the same technique as singing and is in the same key as the song. (not saying i can do it but just saying)
Quote by Trowzaa
I immediately clenched my butthole after reading that...
Quote by vartanspartan
people who can't sing generally can't scream well. proper screaming is done using the same technique as singing and is in the same key as the song. (not saying i can do it but just saying)

Well a lot of people who can't sing merely have bad tone; many of them can still sing in key, which is all that's really necessary to scream/growl. Hell, even if you can't sing in key, as long as you know the proper technique for singing in different keys you should be fine.
Anyone can sing, Anyone can scream.
It's a matter of tapping into your voice and taming it.
I suggest you watch Melissa Cross's "The Zen Of Screaming I" Then the second.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
Quote by vartanspartan

Oh I know that much. I don't want it for use in a band or anything. Just because I can y'know?
Quote by crypticslaughtr
just squeeze your testicles and let whatever your feeling out.

I'm pretty sure that's what Nattramn does.
Quote by crypticslaughtr
just squeeze your testicles and let whatever your feeling out.

You're really funny.
...Oh wait.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

I can inhale scream tis pretty easy :P
Quote by saxaxe
YESI love you.

Quote by Wulphy
Ever stuck their finger in their ass, just to see what it was like? I did

Quote by thewho65
My sister has a big ass
Quote by Seth Shadows
Anyone can sing, Anyone can scream.
It's a matter of tapping into your voice and taming it.
I suggest you watch Melissa Cross's "The Zen Of Screaming I" Then the second.

Depends what kind of "scream" you're looking for, as i understand it Melissa cross doesn't deal with anything other than vocal fry which (also, as I understand) doesn't lend itself to anything much more than just hardcore screams, for proper br00talz you'll be wanting more of the power exhale thing.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by dminishedthingy
Nah, my flash player doesn't work, but what technique do you use?
I've always just stuck with good ol' power exhale.

Kind of a violent singing, our mp3 players use flash? odd, but ok.

Anyway, I just tighten up my vocal chords a little, angle my tounge a bit, and exhale. No pushing involved, its just like if I was talking, or singing.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

First you gotta make an angry face, it's essential that you are not happy. Now that you have your game face on, open your mouth and emit a sound louder then that of speaking. Congratulations, you just screamed.
Quote by dminishedthingy
And it doesn't hurt your throat?
Usually that technique is damaging.

And Melissa Cross is fail.

No, not at all. I mean, if I do it nonstop for a few hours it does (small experiment )
But nah, I use Randy blythe's technique. You know Lamb of God? Their singer.

My screaming recording in my profile was a while back, like, 6 months ago that I recorded it. I use a new technique now

Nah, her stuff is what pushed me away from senselessly destroying my vocal chords.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

I developed my screaming by just singing in the car. People say I'm pretty good at it.
The best thing about life is knowing you put it together
Quote by valennic
No, not at all. I mean, if I do it nonstop for a few hours it does (small experiment )
But nah, I use Randy blythe's technique. You know Lamb of God? Their singer.

My screaming recording in my profile was a while back, like, 6 months ago that I recorded it. I use a new technique now

Nah, her stuff is what pushed me away from senselessly destroying my vocal chords.

Pure vocal fry dude.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Pure vocal fry dude.

Hm, you mean his New American Gospel stuff? Or his As the Palaces Burn stuff?

Never thought of it that way. But I do scream a lot like him, so I guess that's what I do. Idk if my profile scream is that way, but I still do that from time to time.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

I don't really listen to LoG, but I'm fairly certain Blythe uses vocal fry.

George Fisher-era Cannibal Corpse songs are great to sing along with to practice traditional power exhales.
Quote by valennic
Hm, you mean his New American Gospel stuff? Or his As the Palaces Burn stuff?

Sacrament actually but whatever.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by dminishedthingy
I don't really listen to LoG, but I'm fairly certain Blythe uses vocal fry.

George Fisher-era Cannibal Corpse songs are great to sing along with to practice traditional power exhales.

I do the Job for a Cowboy style growls as well, I'm just out of practice on those. Hell, the scream in my profile is the intro to Entombment of a Machine, minus the higher scream which hurts me

VALEDIT:

Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Sacrament actually but whatever.

Oh, I get what you're saying. I see it now, well, it's the same as A.T.P.B, so yeah, whatever

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Depends what kind of "scream" you're looking for, as i understand it Melissa cross doesn't deal with anything other than vocal fry which (also, as I understand) doesn't lend itself to anything much more than just hardcore screams, for proper br00talz you'll be wanting more of the power exhale thing.

Melissa Cross deals with 'fry', 'death' and also the yelling technique Byron from God Forbid uses (Which I believe is absolutly awful.

However, regarless of what style you want to learn, I strongly recommend you use her video so you don't hurt yourself for one.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Quote by Seth Shadows
Melissa Cross deals with 'fry', 'death' and also the yelling technique Byron from God Forbid uses (Which I believe is absolutly awful.

However, regarless of what style you want to learn, I strongly recommend you use her video so you don't hurt yourself for one.

Or you could just head for the growling thread in the metal forum which I posted earlier where you can find all the advice you will ever need and you can ask questions to boot.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.