so for christmas, my mom is getting me an old sony turn-table from like the 80s and she has a couple alod vynyls and do they still make them? because its kind of pointless to have one if they dont meke them anymore.
Member of the Nick Grundy group

Creator of The American Bass Fishing Group <join it if you like to fish
I thought some bands still release some vinyls of their albums.

Or at least, I heard that before...
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
yes, vinyl sales doubled this year and are going to surpass cds soonish.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
Well i know you can still buy vinyls, and yes, new ones are made. Apparently AJFA was reissued on vinyl earlier this year, although that's about the only metal/rock vinyl I've seen produced this year. plenty of dance stuff if you like that..remember I'm in UK though.
Find a local music store.

Usually you have to find them with a searchbar, a magnifying glass, and a metal detector, but when you do, you'll find some gems to play on your turntable.
GTFO my sig
yea.. band's release vinyls still..

i bought a vinyl at the last show i went to for 5 bucks, but don't have a record player, so i'm kinda screwed for listening to it.. i want to so bad.
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
oh i forgot, are tey more expensive than cds? how much is the average cost of them
Member of the Nick Grundy group

Creator of The American Bass Fishing Group <join it if you like to fish
Quote by boreamor
Yes, they do.

She should invest in English lessons for you.

HAHAHA +1
She should've invested in:

Far better.

Regardless of your terrible spelling, Yes, some bands do make Vinyl's of their albums.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
yup, theres still vinyl coming out of new bands,

but i think the sweetest part about vinyl is collecting old ones,
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Quote by Seth Shadows
She should've invested in:

Far better.

Regardless of your terrible spelling, Yes, some bands do make Vinyl's of their albums.

Very nice. And you stayed on topic.

+1
GTFO my sig
Any group that does electronic music or hip hop releases vinyls, my brother has tons along with some goodies like Bob Marley and War.

But a lot of bands are releasing their albums on vinyl, it's becoming pretty popular again so you just gotta know what stores to look in, usually high-end record stores like Virgin Records.

I think vinyl has an interesting quality, to me it sounds more real than CD, vinyl just seems to pick up on sound better than electronic media does.

EDIT: I just remembered, Hot Topic usually has a lot of vinyl albums by punk bands, though I once saw one for the Wu Tang Clan and another by NWA
Last edited by dudius at Dec 19, 2008,
i bought nevermind the bollocks - sex pistols a few days ago at HMV, it doesn't really count as new, but they're getting popular again
I has sigs

Quote by COBGage
If Dimebag can't take a few bullets to the head how's he gonna be able to take a full on Kamehameha?
Yes, they do still make vinyl. Both reissues and new albums. On vinyl I own:

Beck - Sea Change
Weezer - Red Album
Mindless Self Indulgence - If
Vampire Weekend - Vampire Weekend
The Soundtrack from Juno

I've seen plenty of albums released on vinyl. Metal, Indie, Punk, Classic Rock reissues, even a Justin Timberlake album.
Quote by Shredder XXX
how about the way your entire country generalizes a culture by the actions of a few, citing any Americans idea of a middle eastern person.
I went to the huge Zavvi in London some time ago and they have a huge shelf full of vinyls and turntables and stuff. It was awesome.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
I know that Coheed & Cambria's latest album was released on vinyl.

Apparently theres been a revival of vinyl because of audiophiles.
Quote by Primus2112
I just asked a guestion regarding a music store myth and my thread turns into a discussion about titfucking bagged milk.