Quote by ongbakkneedrop
ibanez SR

Seconded. I've got the 505 and it's a beauty, sound and looks. It's closer to 600 though, so you might want a cheaper model.
ibanez SR. youre not getting any other suggestions XD
i have one, it was $450 and its just perfect
1) Schecter Stiletto Deluxe
powerful low end, very clear, very good sound, versatile. tight string feel.
2) Ibanez EDB405
solid slap tone and feel, good low end, medium string feel.
3) Ibanez SR305
great easy mid scoop tone, solid, jack of all trades sound, medium string feel
4) Traben Array
unchanging (compared to the Schecter above and an SRX300), yet useful, and IMO, wide fitting tone, wide string feel
4) RockBass Corvette
chimey, growly highs, relatively solid low end, does not sound like a Warwick Corvette, but still sounds very nice.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
I have an Ibanez SR305 and I like it. Tight string spacing, fast neck and light. It lacks a nice midrange tone, can sound very hollow. All round good bass for the price and i've heard the new SR305s are even better than my version, which can't be a bad thing. Also come in great colours, candy apple red *drools*.
got the sr505 today- sweet its awesome, really got somed grunt!
'If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music.' Albert Einstein
Quote by Micehorns
I have an Ibanez SR305 and I like it. Tight string spacing, fast neck and light. It lacks a nice midrange tone, can sound very hollow. All round good bass for the price and i've heard the new SR305s are even better than my version, which can't be a bad thing. Also come in great colours, candy apple red *drools*.

Are they light? I need a reallly light bass and am increasingly being directed at either the SR305 or SR705. Which is better in terms of pickups/EQ control?

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

sr505 is lighter than most 5ers.
'If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music.' Albert Einstein