Hi, i need some advice. im looking into getting a new electro acoustic guitar. ive currently an aria elecord. Its nice but its lost its class and finesse. im looking to upgrade to a similar guitar but slightly higher quality. I quite like the look of takamines but im not sure which 1 would be best also is there any other brands that are similar (dont think i can afford a taylor, martin, gibson etc...) im gonna go to some stores and try some out but i was wondering wat every1 suggested... thanks
i know it doesnt have the smallest body but what do ppl think of the takamine eg523sc?
I've never played one before. Didn't get the chance to on my GC pilgrimage yesterday. I know that they LOOK amazing. But I'm a bit of a Takamine fanboy, so my opinion is biased.

However, I did play this and I absolutely LOVED it. Actually, I don't think I've ever played a Tak that I didn't absoluetly love.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
wow that looks stunning, looks like a smaller body than the 523. did it sound tinny at all?
Nope. Not at all. It was bright, but a good bright, not a tinny bright. Nice deep lows, but not overpowering. Way better than the Yamaha Thinline I played right after it, and, IMO, better tone than the full-bodied dreadnaught Tak I played right before it.

And trust me, like all Takamines, that stock photo doesn't do the guitar's looks justice in any way, shape, or form.
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
I quite like the Dean Exotica's. The one I played was great, in my limited opinion. However, others aren't so complimentary of them.

They are quite small though with a cutaway.
^Dean, Ibanez, and Fender acoustics should be avoided like the plague. Overpriced and subpar QC. Dean Exotica's are all laminate too, just like Ibanez artwood. Sure, they LOOK good, but the tone and quality are pretty bad.
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Natrone
^Dean, Ibanez, and Fender acoustics should be avoided like the plague. Overpriced and subpar QC. Dean Exotica's are all laminate too, just like Ibanez artwood. Sure, they LOOK good, but the tone and quality are pretty bad.

This is what I heard, possibly from you actually!

And I can understand it. As I said, I liked the one I played (certainly looked HAAWT), but. Today, I had the pleasure of playing this years Limited Edition Takemine, one of 32 in the UK.

Needless to say, even my inexperienced ear/fingers, could not hide the immense difference.

Sucks that it costs £1000 or so...