So I have a toneport and many people dislike my tone from my rough demos (www.myspace.com.captainfalconmetal) and I wanna know how to get a better tone.

~Also, are the extra model packs worth it??? I'm probably gettin 'em.

Also, post any good settings you have so I can tweak around and see for myself.

THANKS!!!
Get guitar rig 3 off pirate bay. The hacked version. It works with tone port, and the tones are way better. But I always like the aint talk'in bout love bridge tone, on the tone port.
i use guitar rig 3 with my toneport but it doesn't sound all that clean...

how did you record the drums?

software?
I never used it to record nothing but guitar so far I just jam on it mostly. Now you got me wondering if it will work through garage band. Because it doesn't work with live 5.2. I Just got a Imac 24 and have no Idea how to use this garage band program.
Quote by Carvinlover
Get guitar rig 3 off pirate bay. The hacked version. It works with tone port, and the tones are way better. But I always like the aint talk'in bout love bridge tone, on the tone port.

yeah thats my favorite too, i put the mids up, put the drive at about 6 then put a "tube screamer" ( i think its called like a classic overdrive or something) in front of it and throw in some reverb and i get decent tone, i also like the american blues setting with a bit more distortion, Toneports have mediocre tone but you can get some decent tones if you mess with it a bit.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
also can you please tell me what drum program you are using, it sounds decent and i REALLY need a good drum program.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
So are the Expansion packs worth it???

-And I could use some constructive criticism on my tone, what specifically is wrong with it? I've tried to tweak things but nothing is really helping.

Thanks
Sorry to bump but I really have no idea what specifically I need to tweak or if those expansion packs will really help my tone.

thanks