Alright, I have fret buzz, and I've been trying to eliminate it, but I cant get rid of it. I've already tightened the tuning pegs. After that was unsuccessful I wanted to make sure it wasn't the fact that the action was too low, so i jacked it up extremely, high, it was to the point where I can fit my finger under the string on the 12th fret. I wouldnt really describe it as a buzzing, it seems more of a rattling, and the noise comes from the bridge. It even buzzes on the last fret, would you guys say I need to adjust my truss rod, or buy a new bridge?
"The object of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the other bastard die for his" -General George S. Patton
Im suggesting take it to a local guitar shop and getting the tech to check it out if possible. Adjusting a truss rod without prior knowledge is very dangerous. The slightest mistake will snap the rod in an instance.
check the neck relief. if it's dead straight, try to give it a little bow. but i doubt it's the neck. buzzing could be due to a lot of things. i suggest you take it to a luthier or a guitar tech.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
I think I may just get them to set it up for me. I just really hate to drive 40 minutes away and pay 100 bucks to get it done...
"The object of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the other bastard die for his" -General George S. Patton
Quote by Carvinlover
Is your ground wire lose and rattling? Or maybe a weld broke on one of your pots or pick ups? are your saddles all sitting tight?

I loosened the string so I could take the string off the saddle. I can wiggle it with my finger. Does that mean it's too loose?
^ok he heard you thanks. if he wants to take it in he will.

the saddle needs the string's tension to keep it tight. But the spring in the intonation screw, might not have enough springiness to keep the saddle from rattling anyway.

so. strum acoustically and touch bridge parts until you find the noisy one.

then post back.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I think I may do that. It's a tune o matic bridge, their's a bar right by the screws that adjust the intonation, it seems a little bent. Do you think that could be causing it?
well the bar where the intonation screws are adjusted is the bridge.

do you think you can put up a picture?

let me get one for you too....

can you point to or explain where?

and can you hear where the noise is coming from and if it even transmits thru the amp?

edit:
i see you call it fretbuzz, but if it's coming from the bridge, it might be a loose part.
so yeah, that part is important.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Last edited by jj1565 at Dec 19, 2008,
I can't get a picture tonight because I don't have a charger for my camera. The noise sounds to me like it's coming from the saddles. The bar I'm talking about is right above the intonation screws, near the humbucker. I really appreciate all the help you guys are giving me, but I think I may be better off taking it to someone who can see it in person. I don't want to mess it up any worse... The noise isn't unbearable when I play it through the amp, but I'd still like to get rid of it.
Last edited by justnmcknz at Dec 19, 2008,
just so you know,
arrow is pointing to an intonation screw in this pic.

that;s the bridge it's screwed into.

if the saddles are bouncing around in there, maybe the screws arent doing their job.

so if you want to take it in, go for it.
but if you strum and touch parts, you can identify the loose part and either swap out saddles, or replace screws, or wedge a little big of sponge in there to quiet the guitar.

good luck
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

That's the part, thank you so much. I'm going to try the sponge trick, and if that doesnt fix it i'm taking it in to get a second look.
Ohh your talking about the clip that holds the screws down. Yes that can not be bent just replace it. that's your problem. It has a natural bow to it, but if its kinked just a little it will buzz. That's a cheap part. Replace it
Thanks a million, I'm glad that it's a cheap fix.
Thanks, that's it. Mine has a bend in it so i'm assuming that's the problem. Do you think this will be covered under my warranty?
Maybe!

It is called a saddle retainer clip. You have to take your bridge apart to replace it.

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,_tailpieces/Electric_guitar,_Tune-o-matic_bridges/4/ABR-1_Tune-o-matic_Bridges_and_Parts.html