Page 1 of 2
I LIVE IN VENEZUELA AND I DONT HAVE MUCH MONEY MY QUESTION IS THIS: Is a squier a got guitar for puting great pickups on it.

How bad a are squieres out of the box, and how GOOD they aRE if the pickups are changeD.

I AM IN A BAND, y record and gig regurgaly i am kind o f a working musician and i hace cheap yamaha eg 112. y need a guitar not for the look. A VERSITILE GUITAR SO I CAN PLAY RECORD AND GIG.

I play funk, rock, soft rock, latin (salsa bossa nova). I NEED IT TO HAVE A NICE RICH CLEAN SOUND THAT CAN PL

In venezuela we have restricction about doollar so i have to buy it online so its cheaper.
Ruinas Circulares
WHY ARE YOU TALKING IN CAPITALS!!!

Your amp is the main source of your tone...
For the cleanest sound you'll want to get a tube/ valve amp

Squires are just begginer guitars, yes you can mod the hell out of them, but at the end of the day its still a begginer guitar, so its your choice. I would not a squire if it was me
i neeeeeeeeeeeeeed heeelp. is it better a made in mexico strat? wheres the different
Ruinas Circulares
Squiers are great bases for modding, but by the time you buy one and buy all new, good pickups for it, you may as well have bought a whole new guitar.

It needs to have a nice rich clean sound that can...? You left off the rest of that sentence.

As far as a general "nice rich clean sound", thats going to be a lot more of your amp than your pickups. Bad pickups can make a good amp sound bad if they're bad enough, but a bad amp+good pickups wont do too much for you. I realize you have a low budget, but I'm just giving you a heads up... Dont expect miracles if you have a bad amp.

And since you already have the yamaha, why buy a squier to mod? I'd just mod the yamaha if I were you, since you're low on cash as it is.
you are not in that much neeeeeeeeeeeeed that you haaaaaaaaaaaave to extend the woooooooooooords ouuuuuuut...

Exactly,^ mod the yamaha, i've heard they have better playability than squires
Quote by guitarcam123
Squires are just begginer guitars, yes you can mod the hell out of them, but at the end of the day its still a begginer guitar, so its your choice. I would not a squire if it was me

Squiers dont have very consistent quality. Mine happened to be one of the good ones, the body is alder, and it even passes the traditional neck joint test!

However, a pickup change isn't going to be enough to make it a great player. The hardware isn't too great, I'll give it that. But the construction and wood are good, and thats whats important for a good modding base.
i wish we just had a huge squire modding thread, it would keep the clutter down pretty nicely.

anyways the squier is kinda a beginners guitar, if thats what your looking ofr
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
ITS NOT A BOUT MODDING. ITS ABOUT HAVING A GUITAR. THE CHEAP AGATHIS BODY IS NO GOOD. I HAVE ONLY ONE CHANCE. let me put the way: I need a cheap a good cheap guitar, but of course you get for what you pAY. so whats a good guitar to put great pickups so the sresult is a great guitar for a working musician. (The amps is not a problem). I hate to express my ideas in english
Ruinas Circulares
Why not just put new pickups in the guitar you already have and save yourself some money?

And also, calm down. We're just trying to help.
Quote by Pyrofretnic
Why not just put new pickups in the guitar you already have and save yourself some money?

And also, calm down. We're just trying to help.

Sorry
Ruinas Circulares
Agathis isn't actually that bad, it just gets a lot of crap because its on cheap guitars. Why? Because its a cheap, widely avaliable wood. It sounds fine.
Are yout sure about the aghathis? i HAVE HEAR SO MUCH BAD THINGS ABOUT IT. y have a some creappy yamaha practice amp. but here in venezuela in recording studioas and in iggi there always some gos combo marshall
Ruinas Circulares
Its not bad, just inexpensive. And like cam said, the wood doesn't have that big of an effect on your tone anyway. It does have some, but not a huge amount.

Also, I have no idea what the rest of that post said. I understand english isn't your first language, Im just letting you know.
Why Do You Keep Talking In Capitals? We Can Read Lower Case Just Fine!
Last edited by guitarcam123 at Dec 19, 2008,
^Denied, cam! lol

EDIT: Caps lock is cruise control for cool, but you still have to steer.....
/incredibly old joke
All caps protection! Brilliant idea, isn't it?

But if even just one is lowercase then it doesn't stop it.
Tha yamaha is a SSH WHAT PICK UPS DO YOU RECOMMEND FOT THOSE GENRES
Ruinas Circulares
Chill out with the capital letters, please? Regular capitalization works just fine =]

As for what pickups, I'm not sure what'd be good for that kind of music. Just wait for someone who knows to come make a suggestion
Last edited by Pyrofretnic at Dec 19, 2008,
but he WANTS TO KNOW WHAT PICKUPS TO RECOMEND FOR THOSE GENRES.

BUT REALLY HE NEEDS TO STOP TYPING IN CAPS BECAUSE WE ARE FINE READING LOWER CASE AND GET OUT AND BUY A NEW AMP

he said a yamaha practice amp, but the place where he records has a marshall half stack

probably a MG
Andres yo te entiendo... si una bronca hablar en ingles. Mira lo mejor para single coils si no qeres el ruido, te recomiendo unos Lace Sensors, son muy buenos. Pero ojo son caros. Si la guitarra te gusta, osea te gusta como la sentis, buen mango no trastea y toodo eso entonces modificala y agregale todo lo que quieras. Te recomiendo para el puente un Paf, que esos tambien son buenos para casi todo lo que vos queres tocar.

And Guitar Cam, In studios usually MGs are hard to find the most common are the JCM800 and 900. And please understand that is very difficult to express your Ideas in a foreign language. Take it easy, I wanna see you speaking spanish!!!
yes i like the feel of the guitar. HOW ABOUT ALL THE WIRING HOW DO I HANDLE THAT
Ruinas Circulares
Page 1 of 2