Hey guys,
Basically everytime I try to sit down and learn a song I will get almost halfway through it, and lose interest, then never finish it. I try to finish but I just procrastinate until I just decide not to. I was just wonderin if anyone could help me find a way around this cause its really ruining my playing. Thanks.
Rock on or die

Guitarist 5 years, Had purpose in life 5 years

Quote by angusfan16
My name is NOT Anus Fan!
i have that problem too
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
Usually I play songs and never bother to memorize more then a bit. Whatever, it's normal.
I do that too. I've been playing a year but haven't learned a song all the way through.
They are songs I like, and no its not add
Rock on or die

Quote by angusfan16
My name is NOT Anus Fan!
Ok, so alot of people do it but at this point when I sit down with a guitar im playing random song fragments and it ruins the fun of guitar
Rock on or die

Quote by angusfan16
My name is NOT Anus Fan!
I have it too and I HATE it. I come in all excited and learn a lot then just stop..

I did successfully finish For My Father, Nakagawa-San, and Dreamcatcher by Andy Mckee. SOMEHOW!

While I'm learning I just hate it.. I just want to have it learnt so I can play it with ease and have fun with it. So the whole way through I am just worried about finishing instead of enjoying it :\
so maybe should I force myself through a song so i can have fun with it later?
Rock on or die

Quote by angusfan16
My name is NOT Anus Fan!
Basically. Some songs I HATE learning, but I love playing them after I know how to play them. Just take it slow.. I've been playing a long time in my style but can't play that many songs in it. Wouldn't you rather be able to play one awesome song all the way through rather then 10 broken up unfinished ones?

Just break it up into sections.. and take awhile to learn it. Play along with the song, and before you know it you'll be done!
Quote by RileyB
Basically. Some songs I HATE learning, but I love playing them after I know how to play them. Just take it slow.. I've been playing a long time in my style but can't play that many songs in it. Wouldn't you rather be able to play one awesome song all the way through rather then 10 broken up unfinished ones?

Just break it up into sections.. and take awhile to learn it. Play along with the song, and before you know it you'll be done!
Thats great advice, thanks
Rock on or die

Quote by angusfan16
My name is NOT Anus Fan!
Just finish it, just don't put it down, make sure no distractions are around you I just learned The Pursuit of Vikings a couple days ago, what a fun song to play!
I have the exact same thing, it sucks
Quote by xander307
that wasnt scary daryldom, it turned me on

Proud Canadian Eh?
You Are Not Alone.
私の名前はアジリョです

Quote by MarshmallowPies
I snapped my high E once and sliced my finger open, so I can only assume snapping the low E would put me into a coma or something.
Quote by nirvanagrunge13
Hey guys,
Basically everytime I try to sit down and learn a song I will get almost halfway through it, and lose interest, then never finish it. I try to finish but I just procrastinate until I just decide not to. I was just wonderin if anyone could help me find a way around this cause its really ruining my playing. Thanks.

its called guitar ADD everyone has it, because with out a full band there to play the song, its just way more productive and entertaining to jam and work on your improvisation skills. so, don't worry about it