any suggestions for getting a good tone with this gear for boston (ex. dont look back) or queen (ex. solo from crazy little thing)?

Vox AD50vt
Gibson LP Studio
Fender Strat (HSS)
Digitech Bad Monkey Overdrive
for a boston tone boost the mids, put the treble around half, bass around 1/4, use your lp's neck pup on what ever setting the plexi is on the VT (marshall stack, british stack, 70's, whatever i forgot what it was) with the gain around half and use the bad monkey to smooth it out a little (similar settings to amp with a decent amount of level and gain) with some pretty heavey chorus and reverb or delay (i thinks that's an fx setting, i'm going from memory)

(i used to have a vt 30 with a tubescreamer which is similar to what you have)

queen tone you're on your own
this is gonna be hard but try this, put your mids at about 3 oclock treble just past noon and your bass about 11 use whatever the plexi setting is and put the gain at about 3/4. you need a touch of chorus to fatten it up and USE YOUR BRIDGE PICKUP NOT THE NECK on LP btw. and put about a 300ms delay on there and just a touch of reverb and compressor. I'll post if i can think of anything else

thats for a Boston tone.

EDIT: you really wanna make it a "honky" tone like a wah cocked half way but not quite so prominent
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by Bostonrocks
this is gonna be hard but try this, put your mids at about 3 oclock treble just past noon and your bass about 11 use whatever the plexi setting is and put the gain at about 3/4. you need a touch of chorus to fatten it up and USE YOUR BRIDGE PICKUP NOT THE NECK on LP btw. and put about a 300ms delay on there and just a touch of reverb and compressor. I'll post if i can think of anything else

thats for a Boston tone.

EDIT: you really wanna make it a "honky" tone like a wah cocked half way but not quite so prominent

that chorus could probably replace the need for a phaser
yeah don't use phaser for a Boston tone, on the other hand Brian may (queen) uses alot of phaser.
Quote by gregs1020
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
brian may you want to use a fair amount of phaser in stereo if you can, pick with a quarter also it gives you an intresting pic attack. set it to the AC-30 setting and put the gain little more than 3/4 and use the second position on your strat probably
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Quote by Bostonrocks
brian may you want to use a fair amount of phaser in stereo if you can, pick with a quarter also it gives you an intresting pic attack. set it to the AC-30 setting and put the gain little more than 3/4 and use the second position on your strat probably

i will try that

the boston tones have been good. i found that a compressor helps alot.