Are you talking string like as in you put them on and play it a bit now and then and they sound good in a few months or you break strings often and want better strings?
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
The problem with strings is there are a bunch of people who will swear by their personal favorite brands, and call out on others, leaving you with no real winner. The best bet is to try strings that work best with you.

I use Slinky's, but that's just me.
I like my current strings (DR's) I just want to know if those are the longest lasting strings I can get.
My Albums

TALKING LIKE A JERK EXCEPT
YOU ARE AN ACTUAL JERK
AND LIVING PROOF THAT

SOMETIMES FRIENDS ARE MEAN

last.fm
tumblr
Elixers last forever.

Slinys have a great tone, but only keep that tone for 1-2 weeks.

Quote by EMGPWNS
Elixers last forever.

Slinys have a great tone, but only keep that tone for 1-2 weeks.

Wait...Your slinkys can keep tone for 1-2 weeks??? Mine last about three days...

Back on topic, if you want to spend double the money but want extremely long lasting strings, buy elixirs.
Gearz:
Squier classic vibe 50's strat, modded.
Dunlop 535q
Korg Pitchblack
Carvin X100B

Coming soon to a pedal board near you:
Analogman Sunface
Lovepedal E6
Area 51 wah
Skreddy Lunar Module
Malekko 616 Ekko
Dean Markley blue steel cryogenic strings sound sweet!
Very bright and clear. Steel strings are a little harsher on the fret board though.

a little pricey but good to experiment with. I wouldn't use them for heavy distortion.
It's just a shame to do it to them.
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett
The coated Ernie balls have amazing tone, Clear tones are nice, or elixers are cheaper but not quite as nice. You get what you pay for. I also like the Santana 9 1/2's.
For me, D'Addario strings generally sound good for a really long time.
Dean Markely Nuno Bettencorts.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Those are two different variables. Pick one.

You're going to get a lot of different opinions on strings, but the tendency is:
-you can get elixirs and be lazy about changing your strings, and have ok tone; or
-you can change your strings more often and get strings with a tone you like better from Ernie ball/d'addario/DR/markeley/snakeoil/etc etc etc.

Besides, string life depends a lot on the chemistry of your sweat, so you'll get a lot of people who are convinced that D'addarios are crap and DRs are the best thing ever, when the opposite is true for you.

TL;DR: Try a bunch. They're cheap, and you're going to have to change them anyway.
Quote by Roc8995
Those are two different variables. Pick one.

You're going to get a lot of different opinions on strings, but the tendency is:
-you can get elixirs and be lazy about changing your strings, and have ok tone; or
-you can change your strings more often and get strings with a tone you like better from Ernie ball/d'addario/DR/markeley/snakeoil/etc etc etc.

Besides, string life depends a lot on the chemistry of your sweat, so you'll get a lot of people who are convinced that D'addarios are crap and DRs are the best thing ever, when the opposite is true for you.

TL;DR: Try a bunch. They're cheap, and you're going to have to change them anyway.

My sweat isn't chemestriatic at all, thank you very much...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Quote by Roc8995
You'd like to think so

I sweat pure Lemon Oil.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
D'Addarios last me a long time,have good sound to them, and there cheap so there better IMO lol
The longest lasting would be DR for me BUT the best tone is Ernie Ball for me as well.
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
I'm going to vouch for Elixir's. I've had a set on my McCarty since February, only the high E broke, and the remaining five that are still Elixir's still sound good and stay in tune, as did the high E to the last.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
I've been using D'Addario XL's for a few years and they've been great. I haven't broken one since I started using them. Switched from Slinky's, which broke on me all the time.