http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyEbVbiSQ34&feature=channel_page
Ok i want to know how he gets this sound. It has a Paul Gilbert and MAB type sound to it i guess and for a fact there are a lot of arpeggios but which one is it string skipping or sweep or a combination. Also i know some are harmonized too. So any of you know how to do this kind of stuff and know where i can learn it? would be cool if you could help.
My Gear:
Ibanez RG-350 YE w/ Super Dist. and PAF pro pups
ESP LTD KH-602
Dean db razorback
Fender Squier Strat
Epiphone goth bass
acoustic unknown brand
Digitech Rp250
Line 6 Spider 3
Peavey Vypyr 75 watt
The only way to do something is to practice it a lot.

So, go download Guitar Pro. Find some Paul Gilbert and MAB tabs and use speed trainer after you memorize the notes.
He's mostly doing sweeping arpeggios but I am very partial to the string skipped variety as they lend themselves to sequences more. And I'm a huge Paul Gilbert fanboy.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
This kind of stuff is more sweep picked than string skipped. With string skipping as the poster above mentioned, a variety of sequencing and patters can be implemented to create quite lot of phrases. Sweep picking generally just goes up or down; however the beauty of sweep picking lies, as well as in its speed, of course, in the fact that you can create harmonic dynamism with them unparalleled to what you might manage with string skipping. You can move all over the fretboard and create a lot of different inversions of maybe the same chord, and also add lot of extensions to a chord and create authentic chord progressions that can keep the listener interested. The master of this was Jason Becker; listen to him. And also Michael Angelo Batio ( a Good example is No Boundaries) creates quite a few interesting sweep picking patterns. String skipping has it's own distinct beauty, in the fact that you can have better rhythmic phrasing with it. Listen to Paul Gilbert, a lot of his arpeggios have an almost pentatonic phrasing to them. And of course Shawn Lane was a master of implementing string skipping to create some wicked phrasing. Listen, listen, listen to all of them and use them both to achieve whatever musical end you intend to.

Good day.
I'm a big fan of the string skipping approach to doing arpeggios. I like the feel a lot better than sweeping, and as ZB mentioned, lots of opportunities for sequencing and generally climbing and descending in more interesting ways. Over the last months I've spent a lot of time learning Symphony X stuff (mostly a lot of Sea of Lies, and some of the damnation game), and Romeo's approach to arpeggios has really opened my mind to lots of ideas to experiment with. I really love the tapped string skipping arpeggios. Just tons of possibilities there for having the extra horizontal range.

Another way of approaching arpeggios that he does that I really like, is basically 2 nps on every string while sliding, to do something like a minor 7 arpeggio. So much shreddy stuff is 3 nps, so 2 nps stuff is a real breath of fresh air when you hear it done well.
So any of you know how to do this kind of stuff and know where i can learn it?

Learn how arpeggios are formed. Find a chord progression. Learn to sweep pick it.

Do this dozens of times.

That's pretty much it. All you need to learn to do this is in my sig. Although prepare for at least a thousand hours practice.