I have a complication with my amp right now

I just bought an ehx holy grail, and it sounds great with the knob on 12:00 for clean, but it does NOT sound all that great on distortion with the knob at 12:00, it sounds better at around 8:00-9:00 but i really do not want to keep bending over or kneeling down during songs to change the settings
soooo, being a fan of muse and doing a bunch of research on matt bellamy's use of midi, I was wondering if it would make anything easier if I should start to use midi

my impression of MIDI is that it's a bunch of saved effect presets where you can just stomp on one and get, persay, a clean with some chorus and high reverb, then step on another and get a distorted tone with a bit of delay, no chorus, and lower reverb
is that right? or do i have the wrong idea?
if that is right, then i really want to know how to use this, because it sounds so much simpler than bending down and changing my pedals around all the time
MUST....BUY.....MORE.......PEDALS.....!
...because bending down to change pedals is SO hard.

that aside, midi is a information communication device between musical instruments. it doesn't send notes.

from what i know about it, it's really compicated.. you would have a midi pickup go to a computer and it would play a preset sound per each fret. You can make it so that say 5th fret on the A strings sounds like a snare drum.

it basically turns your guitar into a keyboard
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
the guy above is correct, however he must not realize you can use MIDI for what your talking about to.
MIDI=Musical Instrument Digital Interface

it uses binary (a series of 0s and 1s) to communicate between computers/synthesizers/automated lights/almost anything. you can use it to control pedals and such, but it is an extremely complicated and expensive thing to do. i would worry about it after you buy your tiny terror and get your rig all squared away. and then, when you go on tour and start making alot of moey, you can invest in a midi controlled effects system to put in your rack.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
alright nevermind then i'll just try to deal with manually playing pedals or something

i thought midi could save me some money or trouble or w/e
MUST....BUY.....MORE.......PEDALS.....!
Quote by parkerfly123
alright nevermind then i'll just try to deal with manually playing pedals or something

i thought midi could save me some money or trouble or w/e

yeah, haha, wouldnt save you any money lol
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
its not worth it. its nice because it eliminates tap dancing, but my bud was saying how he researched MIDI for like 2 months, and built his rig, but after less than a year he went back to an old school rig
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
To be honest Midi is normally best used in large setups where racks and pedals are used. Seeing as you are only using four pedals a midi setup will be a waste of money.