how can i revamp my playing?like my playing seems repeating of it selve its like AC/DC albums and i HATE it,i play classic rock/rock,blues and folk-acoustic in my band.
so can you UGers give me some advice and weblinks to help me out.
Ibanez sz720fm,Ibbly RG350DX, Custom Tele-> Dunlop 535Q->RAT Pro co II-> Ibanez Fuzz->Marshall Haze 40.
Tascam US-800 and a hand full of Mics into Nedundo 4

my music, new recording on the way in 2014

[B]insert witty italicized quote here
well your gunna sound like ACDC if classic rock is all you play

play some punk.. or some heavy metal .. learn some Mindless self indulgence
no i meant AC/DC as a comparison to my playing,like when i am playing i feel like my solos mostly the same thing in a different shell and i cant make up different sounding rifts easy.
Ibanez sz720fm,Ibbly RG350DX, Custom Tele-> Dunlop 535Q->RAT Pro co II-> Ibanez Fuzz->Marshall Haze 40.
Tascam US-800 and a hand full of Mics into Nedundo 4

my music, new recording on the way in 2014

[B]insert witty italicized quote here
learn and use some different scales in your playing. maybe try adding in some harmonic minor and melodic minor stuff to mix it up.
check out other styles of music and try to get inspired from unlikely places to find a few sound
Learn some songs. You'll be learning something you like and you'll be adding a lot of licks into your bag of tricks. When you start off improvising you'll be depending on a lot on ideas that other guitarists have come up with. I don't know your style of music so I suggest you go learn some songs by any guitarist or band that inspires you. After that incooperate the licks, to you, that stood out the most in your own playing and start altering them so that it sounds better or more amp to your ears and you'll soon end up with a huge vocabulary of phrases you can draw on to create music of your own.
Try singing what you want to play and then play it. That way you'll play what's really in your head instead of letting your fingers execute the same patterns over and over again.
Also it's very important to expand your musical horizon by listening to new music.
Why not listen to my songs on my profile?
take a break and listen to different stuff. Or if you don't want to stop try to replicate something exactly (something you usually wouldn't play) and just stop improving for awhile, seems to help me if I ever feel that way.
Standard Fender Telecaster
Fender Blues Jr
Ibz10
Just try playing different music like metal and learn modes and stuff. That really helped me a lot when I learned all of them. And then learn the Phrygian dominant and cool stuff like that and you'll have a lot to work with. There isn't much you can use in classic rock besides pentatonic, P. blues, and minor.
learn some modes.

you said you play classic rock, blues, folk acoustic?

learn some jazz, funk, country, fingerpickin...

think outside your box.. get out of your comfort zone.
Quote by King Twili
It's just me and Doris here ;_;

Quote by Zaphikh
Poops is the chat MC - but here we know him as Early Cuyler.

Free Downloads, Yo!