Okay, so this one Librarian lady comes up to me, because I was on this site UG, and we were in Careers class and she's like what do you want to be?, I tell her I want to be a musician and then she goes into stories about how her brother is a musician and that he barely makes any money at all, and on top of that after she just tells me to dream on, and my class is kind of looking at me lke..... and I was kind of like what the hell? Are you kidding me? Telling me how to run my life now... what do you guys think of this?

P.S. We were in there because we were working on a Careers project for what we want to be when were older.
Quote by Telecaster7
how old are you though?

oh, i'm not a pervert

How old are you ?

Oh, I am a pervert.
Quote by Telecaster7
how old are you though?

oh, i'm not a pervert

15 lol, but the band I play practices like every week and I practice Singing/Growling/Screaming like everyday for at least 3 hours so i'm just trying to keep the hope alive I do have a backup plan if all else fails though, I either want to go into Antrhopolgy or be a Producer and run my own record company!
Ask her what her dream job was. Then remind her she's a freaking librarian.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
being musician is one of those dreams like going to the Moon.

stop dreaming kids, be realistic, you won't become a musician because of your mastery of 3 basic chords or Smoke under the Water... it was my dollar
shes right unfortunatly, but she has no right to tell you what to do, if you love it enough to be tight on money or even poor the rest of your life then go for it. my guitar teacher made a really good point about music "its a beutiful art but such a sad profession"

but my moms a musician and she supports a a family great, but id suggest getting a teaching degree while your at it.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Quote by Alter-Bridge

lol i was gonna say a good comeback wouldve been like....UR A ****ING LIBRARIAN IN A HIGH SCHOOL WHAT DO U KNOW ABOUT BEING SUCCESSFUL?!
"I just want to conquer people and their souls."
-Mike Tyson
Shes just a sour old *****. I bet when she was younger she never thought "Man, when i grow up im gonna be a librarian at a high school". She's just trying to kill your dream because hers died a long time ago.

EDIT: As an aspiring musician, you should know that its tough but she just seemed to say "No it'll never happen so just give up now."
Quote by csn00b
I hate seeing cute girls topless and what not, it just feels wrong.
I hate it when people people hurt others dreams thats my job.

You're not gonna be famous =P

Just kidding. Good luck. That librarian's probably wanted to be the same thing, so she's bringing you down cause she became... well, a librarian.
Quote by Alter-Bridge

LOL

On a serious note, I also aspire to be an artist. I've accepted that I'm sacrificing a lot. I already have, in fact. Years of learning drums, guitar, bass, singing, that all could have been spent in a college learning to make lots of money to live a comfortable, safe life. I would be graduating this year. Nor do I have, or plan on getting a GF. Just one of the many things that would only hinder my goals.

So I guess what I'm saying is, if you're really serious about being a musician, it's a pretty hard road to take.
We're only strays.
Last edited by Martyr's Prayer at Dec 19, 2008,
"do you really think someone making 6 dollars an hour should tell me how to run my life?"
is what you should have said.

Proud member of the LGBTQQ group.
Quote by Alter-Bridge

This.

EDIT: Oh, to contribute to the topic- my librarian is an ex-hippy. She's told my class stories about the 60s. "Sex, drugs and rock n' roll. You kids missed it, but I was there"

She also relates Wikipedia to a bad dose of LSD, and has a computer printout of George Clooney attached to her office door
Pick flowers not fights.
Make love not war.
Drop acid not bombs.

Last edited by Stratoblaster73 at Dec 19, 2008,
Who would take career advice from a librarian?

It's like the time that my brothers girlfriend had a go at me for sleeping in one day (i was ill) and then said that i'd never make anything of myself because i hadn't listened to her advice the night earlier.

I proceeded to remind her that i'm on course to become a Doctor and that she's an Air Hostess. I went back to sleep for several hours afterwards.
Quote by dudius

afterward i thought about it and was like "wow, i just jerked off to a chubby girl sucking off a horse. i'm disgusting".

then i watched that segment again
very many successful bands cannot support themselves by their music alone. you say you practice growling, screaming; the music styles that use these singing techniques are directed to such a small consumer market that even the famous bands in those categories often have to have other sources of income to support themselves.
Take Meshuggah, for instance, a band who has toured the world, opened for Tool and has been around for 20 years. They all need support from the unemployment office because their "job" doesn't earn them enough money all of the time.

so I think the librarian was just kinda trying to bring you down to earth, I mean being a musician is a really nice dream and all, but it's a ****ing tough business, and it's not getting any easier.
Quote by CoreysMonster
very many successful bands cannot support themselves by their music alone. you say you practice growling, screaming; the music styles that use these singing techniques are directed to such a small consumer market that even the famous bands in those categories often have to have other sources of income to support themselves.
Take Meshuggah, for instance, a band who has toured the world, opened for Tool and has been around for 20 years. They all need support from the unemployment office because their "job" doesn't earn them enough money all of the time.

so I think the librarian was just kinda trying to bring you down to earth, I mean being a musician is a really nice dream and all, but it's a ****ing tough business, and it's not getting any easier.

I don't want to get into a debate or argument or anything, but I think with the internet it very well could be.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Quote by Alter-Bridge
I don't want to get into a debate or argument or anything, but I think with the internet it very well could be.

how so? you don't have the backing of multi-million dollar corporations to advertise and market your band, which is pretty much the most important thing if you're out to make money. you have to get your band famous yourself, which isn't exactly easy on a world-wide scale.

EDIT: however, if you're ALREADY famous, then the internet can relieve you from the need of said record companies marketing your band, because the company has already made your band known worldwide

EDIT2: i don't want to argue either, but a nice discussion can always open new insights on both sides
Quote by Alexishxc1337
She's being realistic, she's not bringing you down just for the hell of it or anything.

This. Sorry.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.