1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
Hey, I like to show off my gear and favorite song lyrics!
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
well, If you want distortion go for actives. If you play an even combo of clean and dirty, then you might want to go for a JB/59 combo. but there's so many combos you'd be better off just playing each picup and seeing how you like it.
------

Shwiggity.
Any specific tonal demands?

A DiMarzio PAF Pro in the neck is awesome for everything heavier than blues, and those alnico magnets retain an at least respectable clean tone.
DiMarzio D-Activators are great for big heavy stuff, as is the D-Sonic.
If you have a high budget, nothing is better than Bare Knuckles. Try the War Pig or, if you need a little more versatility (not that the War Pig isn't versatile), try the Nailbomb, a pickup that's probably scored 5 stars or 10/10 in every review it's ever had.
If you play a lot of lead, I suggest a DiMarzio Evolution or Evo 2. Those would still sound clear even through the muddiest, most compressed Mesa gain (not that all Mesa gain is muddy/compressed, but you know).
I dnt really play a lot of lead, i play mostly rhythm but i do play lead.
I like the D-Sonic for my bridge (Which is the heavier pickup right?)
i dont know what i want for my neck,
I kinda want something Trebble-y that i can play lead with but also get a high gain distortion for rhythm too.
Like a Chiodos Tone
Sounds like it might be worth your while trying actives dude. The EMG-81 or 85 might suit you nicely.
LOL Fair enough. On the plus side though you could always try playing his guitar through your gear and see if you like the sound. If so there's a pretty good chance that they'll sound very similar if you get a set for you guitar.
yeah that's what i'm planing on doing, and if i dont like it i think im going for D Sonics or D Activators
Quote by Rock Pig
Any specific tonal demands?

A DiMarzio PAF Pro in the neck is awesome for everything heavier than blues, and those alnico magnets retain an at least respectable clean tone.
DiMarzio D-Activators are great for big heavy stuff, as is the D-Sonic.
If you have a high budget, nothing is better than Bare Knuckles. Try the War Pig or, if you need a little more versatility (not that the War Pig isn't versatile), try the Nailbomb, a pickup that's probably scored 5 stars or 10/10 in every review it's ever had.
If you play a lot of lead, I suggest a DiMarzio Evolution or Evo 2. Those would still sound clear even through the muddiest, most compressed Mesa gain (not that all Mesa gain is muddy/compressed, but you know).

No, The mesa gain can really get muddy really fast, its the only thing I dont think is perfect about my mesa.
Oh, and Paf pron in neck, and evo in bridge. Evo is just music to my ears on solos, the harmonics are just oh so sweet.
Gibson Les Paul Special Faded with Evo bridge and PAF Joe neck. Mesa Boogie Rect-o-verb.
Quote by rokknrollldude
wrathlegion, i would like to shake hands

Quote by AllUrBase
I assume you're playing just open strings, so not to scratch your frets.