H.O.D. is an awesome band from the U.K. They merged thrash with power metal vocals. They are a band with a very off-the-wall sense of humor. And I don't mean that lightly. There is a link on their Myspace to a free download of their debut album, Beer, Bitches, Blood.

Skip the christmas song on the Myspace, they just made it for fun and it doesn't reflect the band's sound. (It's called "Fishmas time")

Death Shed is my favorite.

http://www.myspace.com/hospitalofdeath
meh. Sounds like Iced Earth and MEgadeth smuched together. I've never been much of a fan of either.
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
This was clearly overlooked my friend. HOD are top, one of the best new (well sort of) UK bands going.
Hmm, Posty told me about this lot sometime last year, great fun thrash band. I wouldn't put them up as the best of the British New Wave though.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Gigantic meh. Sick of these stupid 'party thrash' bands, kids these days should listen to more Nifelheim and Assaulter, and throw out their high-tops.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Quote by Stranglehold
Gigantic meh. Sick of these stupid 'party thrash' bands, kids these days should listen to more Nifelheim and Assaulter, and throw out their high-tops.

You're just a great big metal Scrooge
They have a pretty cool name.
Uncle Vernon, Uncle Vernon,
independent as a hog on ice,
He's a big shot down there at the slaughterhouse,
Plays accordion for Mr. Weiss
Quote by Stranglehold

Because thrash is serious bussiness.

Whatever, this band are massive amounts of fun live, and are actualy doing something a bit different (as with many of the new thrash bands from the UK, with the obvious exception of Evile...) as opposed to the countless Bay Area clones to be found in America at the moment.
La mayyitan ma qadirun yatabaqqa sarmadi
Fa idha yaji' al-shudhdhadh fa-l-maut qad yantahi

Raptoral judgement upon all our sins
This placid island of ignorance
Quote by Stranglehold

I wouldnt call HOD thrash, and id definatly not call them kids, theyve been around for years and been in all sorts of awesome metal bands, so they know the score.
Posting on behalf of The Kreator, whom was banned for sucking at multies:

Quote by The Kreator
Rejoice! New album coming out soon!

http://truemetalcrew.forums-free.com/the-hod-album-recording-thread-t668.html

They are almost done recording everything.

Drums
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZqiyDUkU_U

Guitar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3h0s_XeCkyE

Bass:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FSULrVlLkA

They need a label pretty bad. Look out Earache!
@ kreator for coming out and telling everyone which was his multi

On topic, I don't mind these guys
His first one, I guessed. His second one he denied but I still guessed because he knew of bands that weren't even mentioned once on here. Either way, this band kicks ass and is just very fun in general.
Hah, I like it. As long as you don't take it too seriously.

I remember thinking this name was brilliant before. Maybe I've heard them....

Edit: I've heard Death Shed before I think, but this is my first time hearing Transformers. It's fucking amazing

Damn, so good. I've been really sick the last couple of days, and that really cheered me up.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Last edited by Phill-Rock at Mar 23, 2009,
I hate party thrash, but don't see what makes these guys that. It takes more than silly lyrics to make a party thrash band; crappy "mosh-riffs", stupid crossover song-lengths, and an overall influence from **** bands like Anthrax and Nuclear Assault is necessary. These guys are straight-up power/thrash of the thrash meets Maiden variety, and so far the only retro thrash band that doesn't sound completely generic. It helps that their vocalist isn't some random sixteen year old Paul Baloff wannabe.

My only complaint is that their 160kbps MP3s make their drums sound terrible.
Last edited by HamburgerBoy at Mar 24, 2009,
New album is going to be insane. They have a song about that computer game Hogs of War, that makes them good.
They do? Hogs Of War is awesome

it was what Worms 3D should've been
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Quote by logboy
New album is going to be insane. They have a song about that computer game Hogs of War, that makes them good.

They do?

Ha, excellent. Back in the day I used to stay up playing Hogs of War with my brother, cousins, friends etc 'til the wee hours of the morning.

And I was never a big gamer.

Can't wait to hear that now.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
New album out now.

Too bad it's not up for free d/l yet, but as soon as the band is out of debt they will release it for free. Looks good, though, because the band says they are selling well...