I got it used for $210.its a basswood body with maple bolt-on neck and 2 humbuckers
should i replace the humbuckers with 81 and 85 EMGs or spend a little more for a new guitar?
i can either get the $200 zakk pickup kit or pay 300 on a new guitar which would be a better value?
oh and would i be able to replace the neck for my Washburn a new and faster one?
If you're also thinking about switching the neck, maybe that's a sign the guitar isn't worth a set of expensive pickups? Try upgrading your guitar first man
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
can't get much of a guitar for 300 either.

save up and buy a better usa made instrument if you can afford... some custom shop like Jackson. The pickups aren't going to make you any better.

I might replace a neck if it is warped beyond belief.
Good question.Well you could get the 300 dollar guitar but it would just sound like a 300 dollar guitar,or you could swap the pups on the washburn and have something that sounds better.The amp you're playing through really matters here,if it's a small solid state then a pickup change isn't going to do much at all.You could wait a bit longer and pool your cash to get a guitar that's better than the 300 dollar one.What amp are you playing through?

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

well the neck is not as fast as other guitars playable but it pretty good though its not warped or anything
Quote by jdh_guitar440
fender frontman 25r

Yeah don't go for the pickup swap then,with that amp it's really not worth it.Save up for a better amp then see if you're still having issues with your guitars tone.Your amp is the core of your tone as far as gear goes,if the amp is low quality then the best pickups in the world will still sound below average.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

If you think the guitar is a keeper and you like the feel, fix it up. Keep in mind, most cheaper guitars wear out.. meaning neck warp, frets worn, crap electronics...

Go to the local guitar shop and find a guitar that is outside your price range. Play it and size it up with the guitar you play now. Chances are, there will be a $!000 guitar out there that will blow away your Washburn. At least you will have a better idea.

I say this from experience... over 25 years of playing, i have had MANY guitars that i have bought and regretted. I kept trading them up, getting a marginally better guitar each time. I should have saved and bought the better guitars at the start.

believe it or not, a nice guitar will make you a better guitar player. SOUND is EVERYTHING as well as playability of the instrument both guitar and amp combinations as well.
well i did notice when i had my Digitech gnx3 it made it sound twice as good some how.but i blew it with the wrong power supply when lost mine and i thought i found it but find out that the power supply went to a printer lol but $300 down the drain
Quote by jdh_guitar440
well i did notice when i had my Digitech gnx3 it made it sound twice as good some how.but i blew it with the wrong power supply when lost mine and i thought i found it but find out that the power supply went to a printer lol but $300 down the drain

Honestly,if I were you,I'd replace the amp before I go out and look at 1000 dollar guitars like an early poster said.A new amp will do you a world of good as far as your sound and inspiration will go.Trust me,I have the same problem.I have a hand built soloist that's an amazing guitar but when played through my amp it doesn't live up to its potential.Now instead of piling a ton of pedals or nice guitars around this average amp I'm saving up the cash for a nice tube amp like a Mesa or something of that nature.

how about i get a $200-$250 amp and just replace bridge to seymour duncan JB pickup
or should i just get a $300 amp not worry about changing the pickups?
Quote by jdh_guitar440
how about i get a $200-$250 amp and just replace bridge to seymour duncan JB pickup
or should i just get a $300 amp not worry about changing the pickups?

I would hold out and save up more money.Bugera makes tube combos that from what I've heard are very nice and they run about 700 new,if you looked for used they would be even cheaper.You might wanna look into those online and go somewhere to test play them,being so cheap,there might be some QC issues with them.It would be better to be patient and hold out to get something that's leaps and bounds ahead of your existing amp then to "jump the gun" and get something only slightly better.Go to a music store and start testing out some different amps to get an idea of what ones you like then set one of those amps as your purchase goal,that's what I'd do anyway.

EDIT: There's actually a huge Bugera amp thread here at UG,just search for Bugera in the search bar and that thread should give you a lot of information on them if you want to look into them.